Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fresco is crashing while starting

Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

when I am starting Fresco on my Surface Pro 6 it crashes before I can do something. There is the loading screen and then after a few seconds it crashes without a fail report or something else.

Possible reasons?

Tobi

TOPICS
Device

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Hello Tobi,

Can you share the logs from your system by collecting using these steps:

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

Also, can you try these steps:

1. Go to Creative Cloud Desktop Application

2. Press Ctrl+Alt+R

3. It will show a dialog to Relaunch

4. Click Continue and wait for 2-3 minutes

5. Launch Fresco

Thanks,

Rohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked all the System Requirements to make sure you have everything required?
Surface Pro 6 is definitely there, but it  might be worth checking all other specs with your system as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sjaani,

I checked all the system requirements and I think that my Surface Pro 6 has all the required hardware and software.

Other ideas to solve this issue?

Thanks, Tobi

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 4/20/2020, 08:01:55
Machine name: TOBIAS-SURFACE
Machine Id: {9FAB4068-4822-4350-A899-9D139E5B77EA}
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 18362) (18362.19h1_release.190318-1202)
Language: German (Regional Setting: German)
System Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
System Model: Surface Pro 6
BIOS: 234.2706.768 (type: UEFI)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~1.8GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8116MB RAM
Page File: 11828MB used, 6016MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 192 DPI (200 percent)
System DPI Setting: 192 DPI (200 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: UnKnown
Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
DirectX Database Version: Unknown
DxDiag Version: 10.00.18362.0387 64bit Unicode

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Tobi,

Can you share the logs from your system by collecting using these steps:

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

Also, can you try these steps:

1. Go to Creative Cloud Desktop Application

2. Press Ctrl+Alt+R

3. It will show a dialog to Relaunch

4. Click Continue and wait for 2-3 minutes

5. Launch Fresco

Thanks,

Rohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rohit,

thanks for your suggestions. I tried both options.

If I launch the Adobe log collector it tells me that it saved the log file to a folder on my desktop, but there is no saved file. The other steps also didn't work. Other ideas?

Thanks, Tobi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tobi,

Please try running "Adobe log collector" as Admin and let us know how it goes.

log collector tool as admin.png

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have the same issue (Fresco shuts down with no message when "loading document" just after launch). Also Fresco is installed in the "programFile>windowsApp" folder unlike Photoshop and such which are in the "programFile>Adobe" folder. Don't know if this could be a problem.

Already tried : 

Uninstall-> reinstall

Reboot Surface
Clean registrers
Reload Adobe creativ cloud 
Deconnect/Reconnect on Adobe creativ cloud
Updated my windows 

Install an older version of Fresco
Checked my Surface memory and the minimum requiredments are fulfilled

I tried following the steps with the log collector but no file is created on my desktop, instead I have the following message 

Mewian_0-1588245440558.png

It happens every time I try to re-run. It may be the case of OP too. 

And in my windows log this error show up when failing to open fresco : 
Chemin d’accès de l’application défaillante : C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Adobe.Fresco_1.5.0.67_x64__pc75e8sa7ep4e\Fresco.exe
Chemin d’accès du module défaillant: C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll

Thanks, 

Anais

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this problem.  I uninstalled on my Ipad Pro and reinstalled and it doesn't get passed the logo screen before it crashes out 😞  has this been resolved??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not that I know of... I'm still having this issue and my other post didn't get any answer. I tried creative cloud cleaner tool to see if a nice clean uninstall/reinstall would work better than if any file is still here and rewrite  but no change, it still crashs. I'm pretty upset since I'm paying and I can't manage to have help from Adobe u_u Almost a month trying to get it work....

Good luck companion of misfortune (here is my other post https://community.adobe.com/t5/fresco/app-crashs-when-quot-loading-document-quot-at-opening/m-p/1109...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mewian.

Have you tried updating to version 1.6 of Fresco? If you haven't, please try installing that build (two fixes were implemented in it that resolved crashing on launch). 

If you install that build and Fresco is still crashing on launch, please contact me here by direct message (tap my name then Send Message) so I can get some more information from you.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I have the same problem with Fresco...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi NZH.

Are you using Fresco v1.7? If you aren't yet please update and let me know how things go. 

If after installing you're still experiencing constant crashing, please contact me here by direct message (tap my name then Send Message) so I can get some more information from you.

When you write, let me know which platform (iOS or Win) you're on and what device you're using.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe "Any Version" of Fresco isn't working on my surface now. I tried all those solutions. Nothing works.

Is the app in beta? It's would explain a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Can you share the logs from your system for us to look into the issue you are facing? 

You need to follow these steps: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

Thanks,

Rohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello NZH,

We are discussing your issue on this thread: https://community.adobe.com/t5/fresco/fresco-keeps-crashing-on-my-new-ipad/td-p/10956500?page=1

We are able to reproduce the issue and are currently fixing it. 

Thanks,
Rohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, what is the status on this fix?  I am experience the same issue of Fresco on my ipad crashing when I try to launch as described by others above.  It worked fine until this morning and I've tried deleting and reinstalling the app without any improvment.  I followed the thread shared above but see no solution/fix mentioned just yet.  Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here with my fresco. Just uninstalled on Mac book pro and still doing it on launch. ALL the apps are except creative cloud app. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I opened the app after maybe 30 minutes and it's working again! Maybe it's just a glitch... I recommend you wait a day or just a few hours/minutes before trying again. That's what I did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I recently got a new Ipad and the app was working fine until now. Whenever I try to open adobe fresco, it keeps on going back to the home screen after loading even after I restart the ipad. Should I delete the app and reinstall it or will all my progress be lost?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. It happens with Adobe Draw and Adobe Sketch too. The apps close after you see the launching screen.

iPad Pro, 2nd gen

Software version: 13.5.1

40 GB free space

Btw Adobe Photoshop on my iPad workes just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is fixed now. 

Let us know if you're still facing the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the same issue with Fresco crashing as soon as it opens. This issue has been going on for a month, and I have tried the solutions above, but no results.

I have a Surface pro 6, with the latest operating system and the most up to date version of Fresco, through a monthly cloud subscription.

I also have it installed on my ipad pro, where it works fine.

Anything to fix it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anna. 

I responded to your email yesterday but just in case you haven't seen it... One of our engineers is looking at your support logs. 

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sheena,

Whenever I try to launch Adobe Fresco from my Surface Pro, it crashes. Could you please help me out in this matter?

Best Regards,

Saptarshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines