• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fresco is laggy and unusable on Windows Desktop

New Here ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Fresco on my Windows Surface Laptop Studio, it has 32 GB of Ram, and the pen (Surface Slim Pen 2) works fine in all testing environments besides Fresco. 

I am doing line drawings of insects, using the vector brush only, with multiple layers, for hairs/outlines/so I can erase bits and add depth later. 

I have turned off smothing, made it so the file is available locally, and minimized the size of the canvas to just the screen.

With these changes the pen occasionally staggers/lags, creating a series of lines instead of one continuous motion across the screen, inbetween strokes the app becomes completely unresponsive, requiring about 10 seconds before ANY touch input (fingers, eraser, pen, etc) are recognized. 

It seems to be worse in tablet mode, but the same issues occur in either method. 

I am at my wits end with this- any solutions, or should I find another app? 

TOPICS
Performance , Vector Brushes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Seems that a full system restart did it- in my system log fresco was running into memory issues (along with some other apps) so it seems it was a partitioning issue or something. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd check system requirements just to make sure your device is up to the task.
It could be that the app is not fully compatible with your device.

Have you just started using Fresco, or is this an issue since an update of the app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have double, if not triple the power that the system requirements advise. It's a really nice laptop (and was advertised as being capable to use adobe products lol) 

I've been using Fresco for about a month, but these issues have been present for about a week now. I've installed windows updates, checked graphics drivers, and no dice. 

Now, when Fresco is open, if the touch input (finger only) stops working on Fresco, it also stops working on my entire device. Once I close Fresco, it takes like 2 minutes, and then touch is responsive again? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Teagan29809302gl2a,

We understand that encountering technical issues can be frustrating. Would you mind trying the following steps and checking if it helps:

1. Go to Creative Cloud Desktop Application

2. Press Ctrl+Alt+R

3. It will show a dialog to Relaunch

4. Click Continue and wait for 2-3 minutes

5. Launch Fresco

Also, kindly reinstall the GPU drivers (Intel / NVIDIA / AMD) and set the Graphics Preference to High-Performance for Fresco (https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-110) and check if it helps.

Additionally, check if all of your work is synced online (https://assets.adobe.com/cloud-documents). If yes, please try resetting Fresco (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/repair-apps-and-programs-in-windows-e90eefe4-d0a2-7c1b-d...) and share your observations.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Relaunching the Creative Cloud seems to have made the next Fresco update visible, so I'm updating the app. 

I have reinstalled the GPU drivers, and they are all set to high performance, and will see if these fix it. If not, I'll reset Fresco and return. 

I'm having some unrelated memory issues with chrome causing BSOD errors on my device, so I am going to do a memory check tonight as well. 

Thanks again, I'll let you know how it goes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Seems that a full system restart did it- in my system log fresco was running into memory issues (along with some other apps) so it seems it was a partitioning issue or something. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines