• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fresco is not exporting to Illustrator Desktop

Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sending files from fresco to illustrator desktop has always been sketchy but now not working at all. I've tried signing out and back in and restarting my mac. Nothing is working. My workflow is grinding to a halt here!

TOPICS
Publish & export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Temporary try exporting your Fresco file as a PNG or PSD file and then importing it into Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks yeah I need to preserve the vectors but my workround is open in illustrator on ipad then air drop ai file to mac. Not too bad. Spent an hour on adobe chat help yesterday trying to resolve but no solution yet. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found that it's always extremely slow when I do it on my computer and on my Ipad when I choose to open on Illustrator on desktop, and goes always rather smoothly when I open it in Illustrator mobile (so on the Ipad), which can then be seamlessly be opened on the desktop.
When I say slow, I mean 10 minutes from the export to the actual opening, making sure that illustrator was already open on the desktop.

When exporting from the Ipad, to illustrator mobile, the export is nearly immediate, and doesn't require illustrator to be open.

Not sure it helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, yes I'm finding going via ipad illustrator then airdropping the ai file across is working well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. Although when i use the ipad Illustrator to desktop, the vector layers are compromised. Have you got a workaround for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I don't have this issue, my layers are preserved ok. My method is:

In fresco:

>publish and export

> open a copy illustrator ipad

> import options: convert layers to objects

in illustrator ipad:

>publish and export

>quick export as ai

> airdrop to mac

> open in illustrator on mac

That method preserves my layers. 
hope that works for you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @richardt29542559,

We understand that encountering technical issues can be frustrating. Would you mind trying the following steps on your computer and checking if it helps:

• Close all Adobe apps on your computer.
  • Sign out and Sign in to the Creative Cloud Desktop Application
  • Relaunch Illustrator

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I;ve tried doing this multiple times and still no relief. I see this problem has come up multiple times with people, could it be an OS issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @joelebs88,

Thanks for confirming the details. Would you mind trying to run Illustrator under a different administrator account (Windows / macOS) and checking if it helps?

If the issue persists, kindly use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool (https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html) to remove the Adobe Creative Cloud, CoreSync, and CCLibrary apps and then reinstall using this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html) and share your observations.

Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2023 May 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue. I have also tried shutting down and signing in and out of everything. When I try to export from Fresco iPad it just spins and spins forever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2023 Sep 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

me too! Running Illustrator nativ on a M1. The "sign out / in" hack works only one time. Next time I have to sign out / in again ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing that works for me is to open a copy in illustrator ipad, then do a quick export as ai from illustrator ipad. This lets you airdrop to your mac. Works every time and is not too much of a hassle once you get used to it. Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, thanks! And I uncovered another solution: to export as PDF 🙂 at first sight it seems to be much the same as the direct "open in .." 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think export as pdf preserves layers or is quite as editable... but if it works for you then that's great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

correct, no layers! but in this particular case thats ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 21, 2024 May 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup. same here. My workaround for Illustrator is to go to "Publish & Export" Then "Export As"  and share it to my computer as a PDF. Open in Illustrator. The art will be in a clipping path, so you need to release it from the clipping path to work on the file. 

Maybe Adobe should focus a little less on AI and a little more on keeping our workflows from getting jacked up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2024 May 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I was having the same issue and have spent all afternoon trouble shooting this.|
Everytime I exported, no matter whether via PDF or to Illustrator IPad (Illustrator Desktop was just a strait 'export failed' every time) it would merge the majority of my layers into a pixel image and give me the top 3 or 4 as vector layers. I've just found that if I turn off all clipping layers and delete all pixel layers, images and masks (which are pixel based) then I get all layers as vector layers when exported by PDF or to Illustrator IPad.

Still no luck with Illustrator Desktop and plenty of cleaning up to do once in Illustrator, putting those clipping layers and masks back in, but at least my layers aren't compromised and I can carry on with my work. Hope this helps someone and looking forward to Adobe sorting this out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2024 May 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @pete.g92,

We understand that encountering technical issues can be frustrating. Would you mind sharing more details, like the OS/Fresco version, device make/model, and a link to a sample file (https://adobe.ly/3VkSBhG), so we can check it on our end?
Note: While sharing the link, kindly make it public and enable the option to Save a Copy.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2024 Jul 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me! I just deleted the non-vector layers. I had two raster images in layers that I was using as reference. I deleted these raster image layers, then the document sent. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2024 Jul 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I never have raster images and it still doesn't send for me. So I have to use the method I outlined in a previous post, ie first send to illustrator ipad and then air drop the ai file to my mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 06, 2024 Jun 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So according to the Related Conversations column someone first raised this issue in November 2022, and it's still not been solved. An absolutely fundamental workflow issue and after 18 months adobe has done nothing. What have you been doing for 18 months, adobe?! Oh yeah, you've been adding ai features to put all the artists who use your products out of work. Nice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines