Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fresco not compatible

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, 

since i have no good drawing app for windows yet i would love to try Fresco. On the install page it says my system requirements work, but when i try to install it says i have to update my windows 10 to run it. Obviously that didnt work though.

The link to the system requirements for Fresco doesnt work and the Adobe support cant help me either.

My video card is a GeForce GTX 780, which should be more than enough to run it.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Can I count on an update soon that will fix this?

kinds regards

Florian

TOPICS
Activation installation and billing , Device , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Hello @JEGS,

Thanks for reaching out. All of the 1st gen Maxwell GPUs only have support for DirectX 12.
Here is a list of supported cards you may refer to in the future.

Nvidia GeForce 900/Titan series (Maxwell, 2nd gen), GeForce 10 series (Pascal), GeForce 16 series (Turing)
Nvidia GeForce 20 series (Turing), GeForce 30 series (Ampere), GeForce 40 series (Lovelace);

AMD 
RX Vega series (GCN5), Radeon RX 5000 series (RDNA);
AMD Radeon RX 6000 series (RDNA2), Radeon RX 7000 series (RDNA3);

Intel 
Arc Alchemist series

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say the link to system requirements didn't work do you mean the Adobe Fresco System Requirements web page. Or a different link to something else? The link I've included should definitely work.

The only thing we can really suggest is making sure everything Win10 and Video Card driver are both up to date. If the panel in your Creative Cloud Desktop app or Fresco website is saying you can download/install Fresco then it really should be working on your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick answer

The link is working now yes, and it seems like my system should fit the requirements.

The weird thing is, on the fresco website it says my system can run it, in the creative cloud app it says i dont fit the requirements. It actually says my video card is not supported yet 😞

All drivers are up to date now but i cant download. Guess i have to use third party software again then

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Continue to keep an eye on the System Requirements page and hope that it won't be long before your video card is supported.

Is your card older or newer than the ones which are supported.
I would say if newer then it's likely it will be added. If older there's possibly no guarantee that it will be added. But I don't know Adobe's plans so you could be okay in the future regardless of age of your video card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. My card is slightly older version (GeForce GT 740) - Updated January 26, 2021 and latest version of Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2023 Jan 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. I have the GeForce GT 760. The graphic card is no longer compatible. Those graphic cards are ten years old... so not surprised, but it is a shame as my PC is still running impressively fast, and I am not really keen on any upgrade. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear that. Now, I don't know how willing you are to use Apple products, but you can buy the most basic model of iPad and would be able to use Fresco on it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If people wanted to spend a lot of money, they would buy a new graphics card and not an iPad.

I ended up buying a new graphics card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @KeepRunningUp,

Thanks for reaching out. The NVIDIA GeForce GT 760 does not meet the system requirements for DirectX 12.1 support. This is a hardware-enabled feature and, as such, cannot be modified with a software/driver update. You may try using Fresco on a different computer and checking if it helps.

Feel free to reach out if you have more questions or need assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anubhav!

How about the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 as both I and the topic starter uses? Is it to old? I'm trying to change (this powerful but a bit old) gamer computer into a graphic design tool together with my Wacom Intous paint screen. Will it work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @JEGS,

Thanks for reaching out. All of the 1st gen Maxwell GPUs only have support for DirectX 12.
Here is a list of supported cards you may refer to in the future.

Nvidia GeForce 900/Titan series (Maxwell, 2nd gen), GeForce 10 series (Pascal), GeForce 16 series (Turing)
Nvidia GeForce 20 series (Turing), GeForce 30 series (Ampere), GeForce 40 series (Lovelace);

AMD 
RX Vega series (GCN5), Radeon RX 5000 series (RDNA);
AMD Radeon RX 6000 series (RDNA2), Radeon RX 7000 series (RDNA3);

Intel 
Arc Alchemist series (Xe HPG)

Intel HD Graphics 510-580 (9 gen, Skylake), 605-620 (9.5 gen, Kaby Lake)

Feel free to reach out if you have more questions or need assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines