• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fresco on Windows 10

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2019 Aug 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Considering the popularity of Surface devices, and tablets will we be seeing Fresco on Windows 10? Last I read Windows was still the primary customer base for Adobe. It would seem odd to not launch it on a platform that has embraced an ink first mentality at the OS level.

TOPICS
Device

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Here is the announcement that we will offer Fresco for Surface X.
(it's Japanese)

https://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/1211026.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

briannhinton wrote:​

Will we be seeing Fresco on Windows 10?

Hi Briann,

Fresco is being released as an iPad app. As to what will happen in the future, anyone who knows would be under NDA and could not say. Adobe does not share this kind of information with the volunteers who answer questions on these forums.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2019 Oct 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since their inception, Adobe has always been an Apple-based, Apple-first company. Imagine working for Adobe and getting stuck in their MS Windows division and having to work on the always behind, always later-to-market Windows versions of any of Adobe's products. <gasp> Poor souls. %^P

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But they do listen to user feedback. As a user, and creative cloud subscriber. I’m leaving feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brian,

Yes, they do! Here is the link for feature requests that the engineers will see:

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2019 Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It‘s all about market. If the market is big enough, it will happen. So let hear your voice.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was announced in October 2019 that Fresco will be coming to ARM Based Windows Tablets, especially for the new Surface X.  They didn't say when, but I'd expect we'll here more of the release dates at 2019 Adobe MAX this November.  They also mentioned how they're working to bring the entire Creative Cloud experience to WoA (Windows on Arm), so I'd expect us to hear a lot more about that next month as well.  The Surface X is releasing November 5 and MAX starts November 2, so I have a huntch they may release Fresco in either Beta or outright around that time for Windows based devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the announcement that we will offer Fresco for Surface X.
(it's Japanese)

https://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/1211026.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fresco is already released..... do check it out..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just checked the requirements for Adbobe Fresco. I have the Windows 10 Pro 1901 running on a Gen 1 Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Extreme with 4K touchscreen and IBM 3 button active stylus. I cannot think of any IO functionality the Surface devices have that my system does not have. Why is it being resricted to Apple and Microsoft Surface. I would like to download the raw installation program instead of through Creative Cloud. I believe I can configure my system to run Fresco. 

Of course should not need to tweak to make it run. Need to get those coders busy adding support for other systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just be sure that your graphics card supports Direct 3D Feature Level 12_1. If not, you have hardware that seems capable yet you are left with the "your device is not compatible" error and Freso will not install. My device has the hardware specs to support Fresco, but the Iris 6100 graphics card supports D3D Feture Level 11_1. Yet there are a few hardware vendors with graphics cards that top out at D3D feature level 11_1 that can run Fresco, yet others cannot.

And due to how Fresco was written for Windows 10 (think Adobe XD on Windows 10;  the rendering engine required specific libraries included after a certain WIndows update). There may be legitimate reasons why it cannot run on Feature Level 11_1. I just never encountered such a problem outside of 3D gaming.

It's painful to have an expensive piece of hardware with a stylus that can run the entire Creative Cloud Suite with no issues yet I am hung-up Fresco. All because of a software feature level that will likely never be written for my graphics card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines