• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fresco/Reference photo on iPad screen together

Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can open both Fresco and a reference photo together on my ipad screen like I do with other painting programs, but with Fresco, I cannot see any of the palettes.

There are no tools or color wheel or anything in the Fresco UI when open with a reference photo.

What do I need to do to see the palettes?

Thanks,

Tom

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

TC.

Thanks for the screenshot; it was super helpful. 

When you're in split screen mode and the other app is taking up too much of your screen space, Adobe Fresco automatically defaults to Preview Mode (which makes canvas tools inaccessible). So the way to "fix this" is to adjust the Fresco portion of the screen until your drawing tools reappear.

Let me know how things are going.

Sue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TC.

I'm having a bit of trouble understanding what's going on... Please post a screenshot of what you're seeing so I can better understand your device/app setup and why you're not seeing Fresco's drawing tools.

Sue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fresco/Reference, but no palettesFresco/Reference, but no palettes

I noticed the preview mode at the top. If that needs to be changed please tell me how. Home just takes me to the gallery.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TC.

Thanks for the screenshot; it was super helpful. 

When you're in split screen mode and the other app is taking up too much of your screen space, Adobe Fresco automatically defaults to Preview Mode (which makes canvas tools inaccessible). So the way to "fix this" is to adjust the Fresco portion of the screen until your drawing tools reappear.

Let me know how things are going.

Sue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sue--

Thanks for the tip. Fresco was as large as I could make it when held vertically, so I turned the iPad horizontally and presto.  Duh.

It would help to have a bigger iPad, but this will have to suffice.

Since I can't use Rebelle 3 on my iPad, I'm going to try to get the most out of Fresco's watercolor brush. I'ts pretty nice.

Clip Studio Paint is my go-to, but the watercolor brushes are pretty ho-hum.

Thanks,

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the ability to pin a photo within the Fresco UI outside of the canvas area seems like it would be a great feature!

------------------------------------------------------------
Never let your tools get in the way of your art!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is. If we're talking iPad or even Surface devices, we can open Fresco (or any graphics program) and a reference image together in split screen.  Very nice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines