• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fresco seemed fantastic until I learned that you can't save files locally

Participant ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Fresco has a lot of really great features, but the inability to save files locally is a complete deal breaker.

I don't even have to pay for it individually, as it comes included with my Adobe Cloud subscription. And I still won't use it, even for free, if I can't save files locally.

If Adobe made their cloud service so good and useful that people really demanded it, that's one thing. Making it so there's no choice but to use it makes me resent it and want to avoid it.

TOPICS
Syncing & Storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

There are a number of comments regarding this in the Fresco UserVoice pages. Perhaps add your views into there as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're referring to the auto save of a work in progress, you can have it save locally if you aren't connected to the net. It will go to the cloud next time you are connected though.
If you're referring to exporting a finished file you can definitely save locally.
On the iPad you can export to files, on the desktop you can export to where ever you like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding.

Sorry if I was unclear, but the features you're talking about are different from what I'm looking for.

The local save function for works in process places the file in some obscure temporary directory that is not determined by the user. The export function is for outputting in uneditable file formats such as JPG or PNG. I want to be able to save works in progress on a local directory of my choosing.

More importantly, I do not want any of my data saved to Adobe's cloud. I already have Dropbox, Sync.com, and Google, I do not need another online service. It just complicates my workflow by having my files spread out over multiple locations. I also have concerns about security and privacy with Adobe, I do not trust them with my private data.

Lastly, I do not want to be forced into using a service I do not need. In the case of Adobe Xd, there are cloud functions that benefit me, so I use it. In the case of Fresco, it is just forcing me to do something I would not otherwise volunteer to do on my own. I can save my Photoshop and Illustrator files locally, there is no reason Fresco should be different.

Unless Fresco drops their requirement that all works in progress will be saved to their cloud, I will not be using it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a number of comments regarding this in the Fresco UserVoice pages. Perhaps add your views into there as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for that suggestion, I will post there as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2023 Oct 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also posted this over to the "Fresco Voice" thing or whatever it is...

I was thoroughly enjoying my workday in Fresco, until this....

Here's a "pro tip"... Even if you're disciplined enough (and remember) to do a regular "Save", if you're working in Fresco, and Fresco crashes, be sure to make a copy of your file (not even sure HOW, since it's not saving locally) BEFORE you re-open the app. I was working on desktop and had saved and was doing an experiment (without saving, so I didn't ruin my main file) to see how I could re-size my animation, and Fresco crashed. Fresco will do an automatic SAVE, when you re-open the app, and save over your file. I lost countless hours of work on a rather complicated animation, despite having repeatedly saved, because of this. When I re-opened my file, Fresco auto-saved (without asking me) over my hi-rez, uncropped version. /headexploding

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 18, 2023 Oct 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing this experience. It's another good example of why taking local save options away from users can create unneccessary problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I couldn't agree more about this.

Adobe made amazing tool, Fresco, but their saving system discourage artists to use. I usually paint during commute hour. It is annoying to export everytime to save locally.

Adobe, please let artists save their file on their drive or add option to save locally as default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines