• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fresco send to Illustrator no longer works

Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to see if I can send a vector drawing to Animate since it's a lot easier to draw on my Ipad.  The only way I see is to send it to Illustrator, then import from there.  Unfortunately, ever since the latest Big Sur update the 'send to Illustrator' option does nothing.  It says "document sent" in Fresco but absolutely nothing happens on my desktop. 

TOPICS
Performance , Publish & export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

It doesn't really make sense, but try this:

Log OUT of your desktop Creative Cloud app, then log back in to the app.

When I upgraded to Catalina, it was something I did to get everything moving well.  I don't remember having to restart my computer, but at that stage, you're trying everything. I think it was just the logout/login that worked.

I still haven't upgraded to Big Sur yet.  Lemme know how it's going otherwise. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @richardt29542559 @NataliaRobles,

Thank you for reaching out and bringing this issue to our attention. Our product team is actively looking into this issue, and we will keep you updated on our progress.

We take all customer feedback seriously, and we are committed to resolving any issues as quickly as possible. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to address this matter.

If you have any further concerns or questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I really need urgent resolution of this issue please. I can't sign out and back in 5 times a day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest updates seem to have fixed it! Hurrah!!! 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool will give it a go. I've been using the send to illustrator ipad, then export workround which works well as it uses airdrop which seems a bit more reliable than whatever method fresco to mac uses. Thanks everyone for input. Cheers!

rich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working now, not 100% of the times but from time to time at least!!
Thanks so much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's doing this to me now, so I don't think the updates have 100% fixed it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Turk Teesha,

I'm sorry to hear that you're still experiencing issues with sending artwork from Fresco to Illustrator. Here are some steps to troubleshoot and potentially resolve this issue:

• Sign out of the Creative Cloud desktop app, Fresco, and the Illustrator Desktop app on both devices.
  • Restart both your iPad and Mac/ PC/ Laptop.
  • Sign in again with the same Adobe ID into all three apps.
  • Try sharing the file from Fresco to the Desktop version of Illustrator.

#Note: Ensure you are using the latest version of CCD, Fresco, Illustrator, iPadOS/ iOS & macOS/ Windows.

If the issue persists, please share the following details, and we'll continue investigating to find a solution.

• Exact version of Fresco, Illustrator, Creative Cloud & OS
  • System Details with make & model
  • Internet connection detail
  • Are you using any proxy/ server, blockers, Antivirus, or firewall measures?
  • Share your Adobe email ID via DM.
  • Size of the file that you are sending from Fresco to Illustrator. Please share the file with us if possible.

Thank you for your cooperation, and we'll do our best to assist you further.

Best regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2023 Sep 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Anhsul, 

I keep having the same problem to. Logging out off Adobe CLoud really shouldnt be the solution as all apps are automaticalluy closing and it totally messes up the work flow. Please do fix this problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2023 Sep 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mimicks  Are your apps up to date, an update a few months ago fixed the issue...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. Never had it a few months ago, but I do now. Everything is up to date on all of my devices. This SUCKS. You pay so much for Adobe and this is what you get...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 15, 2023 Sep 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Mimicks,

I understand the frustration you're experiencing with the issue of sending files from Fresco to Illustrator. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.

As per the product team's request, please try the following steps and share your observations with us:

1. Sign out of the Creative Cloud desktop app, Fresco, and the Illustrator Desktop app on both devices.
  2. Restart both your iPad/ iPhone and Mac/ PC/ Laptop.
  3. Sign in again with the same Adobe ID into all three apps.
  4. Try sharing the file from Fresco to the Desktop version of Illustrator.

#Note: Ensure you are using the latest version of CCD, Fresco, Ai, iPadOS & macOS.

If the issue persists, please let us know, and we'll continue investigating to find a solution.

Thank you for your cooperation, and we'll do our best to assist you further.

Best regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue now. Everything is up to date and I can't believe I have to sign in and out of Adobe every time I want to upload a Fresco file to Illustrator, that is crazy for the price we pay for these apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 29, 2023 Sep 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @defaultxuypqnq2wong,

I understand your frustration with the recent issue you're experiencing with Fresco and Illustrator. To help us investigate this matter further, could you please provide the following details:

1. Make and model of your computer.
  2. Operating system (OS) and its version (e.g., Windows 10, macOS Big Sur).
  3. The exact version of Fresco and Illustrator you're using.
  4. Any specific error messages or details you receive when attempting to send files between these applications.

Your input will assist us in identifying potential trends or common factors contributing to this issue. Thank you for your patience, and we'll do our best to assist you in resolving it.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 03, 2023 Oct 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is due, I believe, to a bug in the Apple's notificaiton system that started showing up on older Macs in one of the Big Sur updates and continued into at least Mac OS Ventura 13.0.  The latest upgrade to MacOS Sonoma has fixed this issue on my old MacBookPro 2019.

I was experiencing this same issue where I had to sign out and then back into Creative Cloud Desktop everytime on my old MacBook Pro 2019 running MacOS Ventura 13.0. Here is a screen grab my Mac's get info screen at that point:

This weekend I upgraded that Mac to MacOS Sonoma, gave it about 20 minutes idle time to do whatever background updates an older Mac does after an upgrade, and then restarted it. Now sending a copy from Fresco to AI Desktop is working successfully and repeatedly! Here is the new get info screen for my old Mac that is now working:

richardt29542559 - please try upgrading to Sonoma if your Mac supports it and let me know if that fixes the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2023 Oct 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok thanks I'll give it a go!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me know how it goes! My fingers are crossed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi defaultxuypqnq2wongTurk Teesha, and Mimicks. I saw that you three are also extremely frustrated by this issue, which I totally understand. It seems to me to be an Apple Notifications bug which we at Adobe have little control over. But they seemed to have fixed it in the new MacOS Sonoma. Will your Mac allow you to update to Sonoma? If so, let me know if that fixes it for you! Remember to give it about 20 minutes to finish its background processing after you upgrade and then restart the Mac. That got it working for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines