Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fresco Timelapse not recording full work session

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When I play back timelapse videos in Fresco, it cuts short or skips over parts of my work. Is there a limit to how many brush strokes can be stored?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Publish & export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2020 Jan 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen this happen as well... would love to have an answer/fix... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There should be output settings for resolution and quality as well. The current output looks horrible. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same issue since around November of 2019, prior to that it seemed to be working well. Now it only records the last 5 minutes and that's it. So annoying. 

For example, attached is the video Fresco exported for at least an hour of drawing. 

Please fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This. 
Timelapse used to create smooth, long videos that made for great sharing. 
Now it all just splats onto the screen in a few seconds. And as others have mentioned, it often completely skips parts of the buildup. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to Fresco on the iPad Pro and really like it, but I agree that it would be ideal to be able to get a more detailed timelapse export. I see plenty of videos made in Fresco on Youtube that are over 2 minutes, but mine are being crunched down to less than 30 seconds and seem to skip over blocks of time almost randomly. Wondering if breaking an image up into chunks (working on it in stages and saving to new file names) would be a workaround. Then stitch them together in Premiere or something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We're already identified this issue and reported it to our engineers here.

They're currently working on the fix. I'll update this thread once I hear more from them.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sheena! I’m impressed that you guys have responded so quickly. I
love using Fresco and am glad it has such support.

Cheers,
Derek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

I'm having the same issue. Is there any news on a fix or workaround for this yet, please?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still working on it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also hoping for a fix soon! I was rather disappointed that after a couple of hours of drawing only part of the timelapse actually worked and the rest was just skipped. If I'd known it was broken I would have recorded a video timelapse instead 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you updated to the latest 1.6 version of the app?

If yes, do you still face the timelapse issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated Fresco to 1.6 version. Since updating, I am having the same problem as users on this forum. Timelapse is only capturing the last few strokes.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me check with the engineers and update you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Angharad. 

Sorry timelapse isn't capturing your work process completely.  A couple of quick questions:

* Is this happening with every drawing you work on?

* Are you using Fresco on more than one device?  (Timelapse is not synced across devices; it is only available where you did the drawing.)

* Have you by any chance moved the drawing off of your device for any reason? (Since timelapse is never synced to the cloud, if a drawing is removed from the device, even temporarily, the timelapse will be permanently deleted.)

* How is space on your device? (If free disk space is low and that space is required to save, timelapse may not record correctly.)

Please let me know if none of these things happened.  

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I also was noticing a similar problem. I updated Fresco today and tried a quick sketch. It seemed to capture every stroke in the timelapse. Then I spent a few hours completing a more involved piece. When I view the time lapse, there are a few parts where it captures every stroke and others where it skips a bunch. In regards to your questions, I only have Fresco on one device, the drawing is only on my laptop, I have 80/235 available gigs. The point of the art work I was making was specifically to get that time lapse and I am disappointed it isn't more functional.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Wired. 

I'm sorry this isn't working correctly.

Will you message me through the Report A Bug link in Fresco so I can see all of your device/app information? I'd also like you to share your drawing and the timelapse with me there. 

Here's how to get to that link in Fresco:

Tap the gear icon in the upper nav of the Home screen.

Then from the App Settings menu tap Help > Support > Report A Bug.

You don't have to repeat all of this, just let me know you posted about timelapse in the forum.

Thanks for your help. 

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just something else to add to this issue. I am working on a surface book 2 and I have noticed it will record just fine until the drawing either closes [go to home] or my computer goes to sleep if I step away. 

Patiently awaiting update, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Danijo. 

The Fresco team is working on this precise problem. 

Hang in there; it will be resolved. And thanks for posting.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. I was so excited to share my drawing in it's development. The first few seconds of the timelapse start off ok all though not great quality then after about 5 seconds the drawing just finishes in one go. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jumping in here to add that I've just experienced the exact same problem as @slappies.

A few times I've tried the timelapse export only to have it show the progress after opening the file. So if I was drawing, then exited the file to go to the fresco dashboard, then opened the file again.. it would not show the progress made before I'd closed the file. Or so I thought that's what was happening! So today I decided to do a full drawing in one go without closing the app or exiting the file.

This time though, the timelapse file only showed the very first parts of the drawing, and was only 10 seconds long, and then it just skipped to the end result. 

Completely understand that things are glitchy because Fresco is still pretty new. Maybe these features should be in beta since they're so unpredictable right now? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maddie. 

Thanks for posting. I'm so sorry about this.

We do hear about these problems with timelapse export but we've been unable to replicate them in-house.

Since, based on what you've said, none of usual causes exist for this drawing it would be extremely helpful if you would email us from the Report A Bug link in Fresco so we can see all your device/app information (it will automatically populate the email). To access  that tap the gear icon in the upper right corner of the Home screen then App Settings > Help > Support > Report A Bug. 

Although we have never been able to reproduce in-house these random timelapse holes, there are some fixes and updates going into the next build of Fresco that we're hoping will address them.

Sue.

EDIT: One more question Maddie: Are you using Fresco on iOS or Windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're looking to replicate in-house it would be worth testing with the computer going to sleep. It's only anecdotal evidence, but it seemed to me that it was more likely to happen if I let my laptop (a Surface Pro 4) go to sleep.

I haven't drawn anything in a while but next time I'll use Report a Bug if it happens again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clonex. 

We know that force-quits of the app will erase it but I don't think that a computer going to sleep has been tested. I will absolutely ,mention it. 

Thanks for posting and please do let us know, after the update, if you're still having problems with it. 

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, to add to this problem which I also had, now I just ran into completely not recording anything and just showing the first state and the final state. The software just ignored everything in between. I'm using it on a PC and have been able to export many times effectively. But sometimes it skips the beggining and now this is a new thing where I don't even get just a bit of the progress but lost it all copletely.

I have lots of space available, ram and have not turned it off during that time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines