• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fresco won't save or export

Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have built a rather large file with a placed scan of a pen and ink drawing I did and then used multiple layers to paint below it. I have some layers that represent fall and some layers that will be used for winter, and I can turn on or off the different layers. But now, after 2 days of working on this, the file will not save or export. I did a "quick export" of every version that I'll need with winter or fall and also the different black and white versions. It says it saved 2 days ago, but it is nowhere that I can find on my iPad Pro and it is not on my Creative Cloud documents or in my Dropbox. I get an "Export failed" blue box when I export any file format except the "Quick export" function. When I save the file I get "Save failed (Error code: 2). Restart Fresco to attempt recovery of your data." I'm scared to do this because I'm afraid it will all be gone.

TOPICS
Publish & export , Syncing & Storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know where you tried to save it to?
Are you on a mobile device or Windows system?

You've got lots of choices even in Quick Export.

If you are on an iPad and choseQuick Export followed by Save Image you should find your saved files in your gallery. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to save it to Dropbox, and Creative Cloud, and tried to save it to the iPad Pro that I am using. On the Quick Export, I can export it to the iPad pro and can also export it to my laptop through AirDrop. but if I try to save, it fails everytime. If I try to Export as .psd, it fails no matter where I choose.

The layered psd version is what I want to know that I have. I want the Fresco file to be able to open again in case I need to work on it more, but I can't find it anywhere. Quick Export is the only thing that works and then I don't have editable files or layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went ahead and quit the app because I had another project to work on. When I restarted the app, it then attempted a save and worked. Now, I have a version I can find and work on again. It makes no sense, but now that I did that, I can export a .psd file to anywhere I choose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear it worked for you. The good old quit and restart. Sometimes the best option but the one we're most reluctant to do in case we lose things completely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Je viens d'essayer depuis un iPadPro vers Dropbox au format .psd, aucun problème, sauf que dû à la lenteur de ma connexion internet en ecriture vers Dropbox, ça prend 2 ou 3 minutes, la lecture depuis Fresco du même fichier stocké sur Dropbox est forcément plus rapide puisque ma connexion est dyssimétrique !

Yves Crausaz, Suisse, retraité actif dans le monde de la photo et des arts graphiques.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same problem that has recently only started within the last week or so.  I have several documents that I've tried to export using the 'Quick export' and 'Publish & export' option to my iPad.  I used to be able to save them to my Photo Gallery.  Now when choosing the 'Save Image' option, it now shows 'Export failed' each and every time!  I've restarted the app and restarted the iPad.  It doesn't change.  The only option I have is to AirPlay the image to my iMac (I'm lucky that this works!!).  The app has also 'lost track' of one of my documents that has been saved properly to the iCloud.  I'm lucky, after several panicky minutes, by restarting the app two or three times, that the file 'magically' appeared.  This can't go on if I plan to use this app for business projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently having this problem too but restarts and several calls to Adobe haven't resolved it. The support from Adobe has been horrible. they promised a call back in 24-48 hours and have not called. I am nervous .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this problem right now. Has someone found a solution? I can see that apparently my file is not properly saved in the cloud either, because it doesn't have the cloud icon on the corner when you start the app and ot shows you your files. It has a blue circle with round arrows within. 
I can't open my file on any other device, or share it with other people. Restarting the program doesn't work. I need to be able to open it as psd, but it only lets me do quick exports as jpg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2023 Jun 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same for me - saving in PSD fail, saving Time lapse fail, saving in PSD from the adobecloud file fail…

Save to file in Adobe Cloud and Apple Cloud fail …

Mac 12.6.6 Fesco 4.6.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines