• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I know which brush was used on a certain layer?

New Here ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. When I want to continue painting on a file that I haven't used for a long time, sometimes I don't know which brush I was using.
Thanks

TOPICS
Canvas settings , How-to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There currently is no way to know what you've used on a layer previously.

Which ever brush you have currently selected will be the brush available no matter which layer you switch to.

This might be a good feature to suggest on the Fresco UserVoice page

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the number 1 annoying thing about Fresco

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fresco?  Is that even a feature in any drawing app?  I've never seen any way that shows what brushes I used in a layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also never seen an app that shows what brush you used. What if you used two brushes on the same layer? It's fun to imagine this could be possible, but practically speaking, it's impossible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree this would be helpful. I'm still learning which brushes I like, and if I go back to a layer, I don't see why I couldn't find some sort of info about what brushes/tools were used in that layer.

It could even be some sort of inspector tool. Like a tool that you click on a stroke and it tells you the info. Or perhaps like the eyedropper that chooses the same brush.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines