• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create a custom brush for painting hair

Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's really easy to create your own custom brushes for Fresco using Fresco and Adobe Capture. I've outlined the basic steps here, or you can watch the video for a more in depth tutorial.

1. Create a square document in Fresco and paint some dots on it.

image.png

2. Quick export an image to the camera roll.

3. Open the image in Adobe Capture and choose to create a Brush asset.

4. Edit the Crop so you have all BODY, no TAIL or HEAD. You can also rotate the drawing in this view to get different effects.

Capture Brush CropCapture Brush Crop

5. Chose the Close and intial direction Style.

Capture Brush StyleCapture Brush Style6. Turn of the Size under the pressure setting, for drawing with an Apple pencil. Take the spacing to 1%.Capture Brush SettingsCapture Brush Settings

7. Save the new brush to a Creative Cloud Library.

8. Now you are ready to start painting with it in Fresco. Return to Fresco and open a document to work on.

9. Find the custom brush in the Pixel Brushes. Swipe to the bottom and Find the Creative Cloud Libraries. Your new brush will be in a Library. You can create a Library just for Fresco brushes as I have done here.

Creative Cloud Libraries for Custom BrushesCreative Cloud Libraries for Custom Brushes

10. Choose a color for the hair, and a large brush size for cartoon lines like shown here. Or paint with a small brush for more realistic looking hair.

11. Change the brush blend mode to create layered highlights or shadows.

Brush Blend ModesBrush Blend Modes

I hope you found this helpful or inspiring. I'd love to see what you create with your own custom brushes.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome tutorial Theresa! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

great tutorial

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much! This was really helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines