• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[How To] Gaussian Blur/Glow Effect?

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently switched from Procreate due to a hardware change and purchased full Adobe suite. I'm finding that even though Fresco is the closest competitor to Procreate, it seems to be lacking noticeably. One of my few nuances is the inability to create a uniform, clean blur or gradient via layer effects or something similar. Any workaround for this that doesn't include constantly exporting to multiple programs? 

[Renamed by Mod]

TOPICS
How-to , Layers , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , May 21, 2022 May 21, 2022

Here's an idea: use the smudge tool and make it BIG. smudge. you got blur

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Apr 08, 2023 Apr 08, 2023

Just use a clipping mask and soft round brush to make clean shading around the edge of something

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where you say Lacking, I say Differenciates. I like that Fresco is not an exact copy of Procreate and I hope they continue to be clearly separate programs, created by different businesses.
If you use live brushes you should be able to get a good gradient or blur between two colours through painting each colour so it connects. Fresco also has a multi-colour selector option in the eye-dropper which gives a good/interesting flow between colours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, what I hear you saying is, no, Adobe Fresco doesn't have a guassian blur feature? I would also call that 'lacking' a feature. As in, this feature doesnt exist in the tool. That's kind of the definition of lacking. I'm not finding live brush water colors to look anything like gaussian blur.

If someone does know a good simulation of a guassian blur in Fresco, please share. I'm still learning the tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2022 May 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's an idea: use the smudge tool and make it BIG. smudge. you got blur

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, I would call it lacking as well, and no amount of "PR speak" is going to change that. I still haven't found a solution either, so as far as I can tell, it just doesn't exist. And no, using a "giant smudge tool" isn't the same, for whoever actually thought that was a good answer lol 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have the full Adobe Suite, I suggest you use Photoshop... While over-engineered for simply drawing, etc, Photoshop has all the tools you'll ever need for that and more...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2023 Apr 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just use a clipping mask and soft round brush to make clean shading around the edge of something

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines