• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[How To] Stop Automatic Save to Cloud / Work Offline

Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because Adobe Fresco automatically saves a document to Adobe Cloud whenever I close a document, I am getting multiple conflicting copies of the same document – one on the cloud and the other, more up to date document, on my hard drive.  This feature also results in document changes I don't want being saved which can result in things I want to keep being overwritten.   Further compounding the problem is your automatic sync since your algorithm has no idea what I want to sync. Automatic saving interferes with  my workflow and creates unnecessary work..
a) How can I disable automatic cloud saving?
b) How can I close a document in Fresco without saving it?

c) How do I disable automatic syncing?

Thank you.

[Renamed by Mod]

TOPICS
How-to , Syncing & Storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

As long as you are online the files will sync. You can set them to work in offline mode and work offline, but once connected to the internet again they will automatically sync.

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/fresco/using/cloud-documents.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As long as you are online the files will sync. You can set them to work in offline mode and work offline, but once connected to the internet again they will automatically sync.

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/fresco/using/cloud-documents.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sjaani,

If I understand, you are saying that the only way to prevent the automatic syncing is to work while disconnected from the internet, but that even if I do that, Adobe will automatically sync my files when I reconnect. If that is the case, Adobe would be in violation of the copyright law which prohibits copying of  images without the owner's permission. Adobe will also be responsible for damages resulting from improper syncing which results in the loss, corruption or improper modification of my files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what kind of project you're working on,  but if you're worried about things syncing to the cloud,  I would build it on say, PS for the desktop and NOT save it as a cloud document.  And as for the copyright law,  that has more to do with the images being shared to other parties, not about things being synced into a cloud storage system.  If you don't want things overwritten when you make changes,  I would duplicate that file and work on it,  much like "Saving As" when you're working on a file on PS 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave,

Syncing and saving to the cloud require the permission of a file's owner because these activities inherently involve copying and, under the copyright law, copying requires the owner's permission. This is why, for example, software companies are able to limit the number of computers on which an individual can use an application. There are no exceptions in the copyright law for syncing/saving. The question has to be asked: why is adobe doing this, particularly when, at least in my case, it wasn't doing this before. With respect to your duplication suggestion, I don't think I should have to create unnecessary files for Adobe's convenience. Also, there are features in Fresco which cannot be duplicated in PS and Fresco automatically saves everything to Adobe Cloud. This is unfortunate since the Fresco Live Brushes open up exciting new artistic possibilities.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still nothing on this? I work while on the go using my mobile data hotspot from my phone. So, syncing like this would eat up my data in one day. Here we are in Jun 2021 and still no option to save locally? I was so excited about the interface, live brushes, and so forth. That's really too bad, Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dealbreaker! Guess I'll be using procreate. I'm drawing sensitive and personal art, not even a chance I'm trusting Adobe Cloud with my privacy. Guaranteed it's not actually private. I'll be at work one day and a nude of my boyfriend will jump up on my monitor for all to see. Wow, what a total miss by the crack Adobe UI design team. I'd be fired for an oversight like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. I'm also considering going back to how I used to use adobe products. It's also a time waster. Like I'm paying for this? Now I have to go searching for a solution.

I'm also a user that uses a data plan, so not a fan of auto upload.

The more this agressive trend continues, the more I will consider canceling and finding more flexible solutions. All this side effort needed to keep a subscription going. Constant updates, and the stupid work arounds for new updates. I'm not going to keep wasting my time and money like this. With all that Adobe is capable of, their software should be oozing convenience, flexibility and ease.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ditto, still can't use it either since I work mobile with data plan 😕 and yes, also with the nsfw art!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way I found to stop PS 2020 saving again a document already saved to the Adobe Cloud was to use the Script Events Manager to trigger a Javascript that tests the file extension for "PSDC" on 'Save' and 'Start to save' and saves the document to a dummy file instead.

Of course the previously saved versions are available in the Cloud, it doesn't overwrite, it just saves a new version.  Nevertheless, it's annoying, especially if the file is large or the bandwidth is restricted for any reason (e.g., other activity)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That you cannot disable automatic saving/syncing is a terrible feature. I cannot understand why you think that many of your users will not object to this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They don't think that -- they just don't care. Adobe is going from arrogant to delirious all powerful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently found Fresco and watch videos about at Adobe MAX.  I'd love to add it to my company's tool set but the auto save to cloud only is unacceptable.  Some of our work is proprietary and there's no way to guarentee Adobe cloud server won't get hacked, like other big companies such as Apple.  In other Adobe products you can disable the cloud saves, hopefully Fresco will in the future.  Again, I'd love to use it if they do, but for now will have to use other software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, please makee option to save local instead of cloud..... Strange that we have to fight for this... @adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe wants us to fill up cloud storage, then buy more cloud storage.  It's as simple as that, I believe.  I opened Fresco, created an empty document, then hit the back button.  The empty document was promptly saved in the cloud.  The initial message that your documents are being saved in the cloud followed only by "OK", is incredibly offensive.  It's telling us right there that we have no choice in the matter.  It's really a brave new world and we're seeing this kind of aggressive behavior everwhere now.  Microsoft is doing it on our desktop PCs.  Many things that are on by default and have no "off" switch.  You can not say no.  Every company, software and otherwise is looking for subscription income and they're fine with bothering us until we give in.  Something really needs to be done about this.  Just imagine how bad things will be in the next 10 to 15 years if we keep traveling down this road.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perso, je n'utilise le Cloud que le temps de la création du document, le document une fois terminé, depuis l'application du bureau Creative Cloud ou suite à une édition dans PS app. de bureau, je fais enregistrer sous et je donne un de mes disque local. Durant le temps de traitement, sur l'iMac et sur le post de travail, j'active le mode disponnible hors connexion, les enregistrement se passent plus rapidement, mon quota de 20 Go de mon compte Adobe pour photograph me suffit largement ! Et voilà, le meilleurs des 2 mondes.

Yves Crausaz, Suisse, retraité actif dans le monde de la photo et des arts graphiques.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. This is such a dealbreaker.  I have other online storage I use for my creative workflow. I would never want ALL my Fresco art automatically uploaded -why would I? Not having a choice for where we save our artwork is just awful user experience and rather obviously nefarious -as it certainly is not benefiting the users. So far, for me, the auto iCloud save has duplicated artwork and lost artwork.  I am sure most would happily pay to have reasonable save options, however this manipulative tactic will make it difficult for some to feel they can **trust you enough to continue to invest more in this tool** if this is the kind of thing we can expect from Adobe. What a shame for a great app many of us loved championing. Thanks, Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have such a problem with this new auto save feature!  And without notification??  

My problem is that all big companies have their clouds and i FIGHT to keep OFF OFF THE CLOUD because I can never find the files I need (think "need file, oops which application, oops, cloud or where TF is it stored?").  I on't usually get on my soapbox about things I cannot control, but this is truly screwed up, and Adobe isn't really that easy to do business with anymore with their manditory contracts and constant upselling attempts.  Computing used to be a tool to our productivity and now its such a mess because the greed of these bigh companies wanting to nickel and dime us to death!  Shaking my head...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 on this, i'm working on mobile data / hotspot when I'm away from the house and Fr eats a quarter of my data plan in one afternoon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perso, je suis aussi pour une solution de désactivation de l'enregistrement dans le Cloud, si nous sommes productif, ça nous force à acheter de l'espace de stockage, si nous sommes dans une région où Inernet est encore très peut développé, nous avons des temps de transfert très long et ceci est source de beaucoup de blocage. Les ingénieurs de Adobe, vivant hors de ces zônes ne se rendent pas compte des problèmes que ça posent aux utilisateurs et que souvent, ça va jusqu'à rendre les logiciels innutilisables.... Mêmes remarques pour tous les derniers logiciels Adobe sur mobile Fresco, PS, AI, etc....

Je pense que ce que j'ovoque ici devrait devenir un débat ouvert, en plus des problèmes de droits d'auteur, ou de dispertion de nos asset.

Forcer l'usage de vos ordis en Cloud est aussi contraire aux problèmes des gestions d'énérgies.... Envoyer des données sur Internet nécessite beaucoup d'énérgie, ce n'est plus dans l'air du temps, maintenant nous devons aussi l'économiser !

Nous attendons donc rapidement une réaction positive à ces questions par le simple fait que nous ne soyons plus obligé d'enregistrer dans ce foutu Cloud toutes nos créations engendrant beaucoup de trafic innutile.

Yves Crausaz, Suisse, retraité actif dans le monde de la photo et des arts graphiques.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a hack you could use..

just block CoreSync.exe in and out conections from your firewall

but yes it might block the whole creative cloud experience ;oP

on WIN 10, it's there : %ProgramFiles% (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Sync\CoreSync\CoreSync.exe
...maybe some kind of batch file could togle the firewall rule, but as soon as its off the sync will fire in the background so not good.

Yes the best option would be for adobe to give us some control ... 

I'm on limited data plan, I can't afford this kind of imposed cloud services 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was looking forward to using this, but the automatic cloud sync is a dealbreaker for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used Fresco for one day. This feature is just annoying and it's absurd we cannot disable the sync.
Looking forward to use another software for quick illustrations and sketches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ma solution temporaire : quand j'ai terminé une illustration, un sketch, depuis Fresco je l'exporte au format .psd en mémoire de mon iPad et de retour à la maison, je transfers mes fichiers .psd sur mon ordi pour les stocker sur un disque de celui-ci. Si vous travaillez avec iPAd et un Mac, utilisez simplement AirDrop pour le transfert, les fichiers sur le Cloud pouront être supprimés au fure et à mesure.

Google translation :

My temporary solution: when I have finished an illustration, a sketch, from Fresco I export it in .psd format in my iPad's memory and back at home, I transfer my .psd files to my computer to store them on a disc of it. If you are working with iPAd and a Mac, just use AirDrop for the transfer, files in the cloud can be deleted as you go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similiar, and it's a VERY distructive problem!
For example, I'm working on a set of ads .... AdV1, AdV2, AdV3 ...
It's OVERWRITING documents BEFORE I can tell it to save as a new version ...

I start with AdV1, save it .... them make my changes to save as V2, but before I can "Save As" V2 to the cloud, it's ALREADY OVERWRITTEN V1, and I've lost that version .... so I have to go back and recreated it ...

I need to save to the cloud as I'm working on the same set of files from 2 locations, but if there's no way to stop this, I'll have to NOT do this, and just carry a portable drive around, OR use another cloud service that 's not going to do this.

Advise please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines