• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iPad Pro fresco crashed lost work

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fresco crashed and restarted the program and all my work on my current artwork was gone. I went online to the cloud saved document wand checked the revision history but the history is missing a large chunk of time. Only the start and the last 19 or so revisions. Is there a way to see more history so I can restore an almost finished version? Please help.

TOPICS
Performance , Syncing & Storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Hi there,

Sorry about the crashing! I know that's really frustrating. Could you please share a few more details like:

• OS, device, device model no. & version of Fresco
  • Does it seem to crash after performing a particular action, or was it random?
  • Is your email ID the same on this community & Fresco? If not, please share your Fresco email ID with me via DM.
  • Share the crash report by following these steps:

1. Got to Settings > Privacy > Analytics & Improvements > Analytics Data
    2. Locate the log f

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Robin. 

I'm so sorry about this deletion.

The work that shows in the Version History is a good indicator of what edits made it to Creative Cloud, so I don't think that the content during that chunk of time that appears to be missing was saved. I'm sorry. 

I am concerned about the crash. And I am really concerned about the deleted work. Will you message me through Fresco's Report A Bug link so I can see your device/app information? Here's how to get to that: 

In Fresco tap the gear icon at the top of  the Home screen.

Then App Settings > Help > Support > Report A Bug. 

I'm really sorry about this.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just had the exact same problem. The program randomly crashed. I reopened it and not only are there hours of version history missing, it also cropped my file into a very small size and deleted most of my work. Hours gone, work deleted, tight deadline, and no obvious reason why it happened or how to get my work back - doubting it still exists as history has no evidence of it. This really cannot happen again I've lost so many hours of work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the crashing! I know that's really frustrating. Could you please share a few more details like:

• OS, device, device model no. & version of Fresco
  • Does it seem to crash after performing a particular action, or was it random?
  • Is your email ID the same on this community & Fresco? If not, please share your Fresco email ID with me via DM.
  • Share the crash report by following these steps:

1. Got to Settings > Privacy > Analytics & Improvements > Analytics Data
    2. Locate the log for your app. The log name starts with <AppBinaryName>_<DateTime> for crash reports, or JetsamEvent_<DateTime>.
    3. Scroll down and select the JestsamEvent log with respect to the date & time when this crash happened.
    4. Tap the Share icon, and click Save to file.
    5. Select Creative Cloud and Save.
    6. Share the download link of this crash/log file from https://assets.adobe.com/files and paste it here.

We are here to help. We just need more information.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, worked offline, app crashed. Svaed document is missing the last 3hours of edits. i can probably redo it in half the time... i would rather try find an automatic saved backup on my iPads memory?

does a backup exist?

no? It should! Add it in future.

considering how often this app crashes a solid automatic local backup is much more important than any other features i could think of...

also, those instructions hou to send you a log!?!? Seriously!?!? I am no computer geek, i just traded pencils and paper gor an i pad. I can't make that happen! Pleas Make that a one click button, would you? Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are sorry to hear about your experience. I understand your pain, and I know the damage is done now. I hear you; unfortunately, the logs are saved in iPad system settings in the location mentioned above, and only Apple can make that one-click button option available. However, we are constantly improving the performance of the app & that log will help us identify the issue, and we will try to address it in the future release. So, if it is possible for you, then please share it. Also, for an automatic saved backup feature, you may share it/ post it on our UserVoice page (https://adobefresco.uservoice.com/), and I will also pass on your feedback to the product team. This way, you will keep getting all the updates related to this feature, and other users can also upvote, which would help us prioritize. Also, this is the best way of communicating with the Engineering and Product teams regarding issues and suggestions so they can be implemented in future releases.

Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
Thanks for your message,
Today fresco crashed again, saving a document on a smaller “paper” delete
if 2 days of work as everything that was off the paper got cropped and
deleted.

I mean seriously, this is bad… if adobe intentionally tried to make
something to make my days terrible you could not do any better.

Honestly, I have to try and find a different software, I lost about half my
work this week because of software crashing and saving wrong stuff or
simply not saving everything….
Like when I complained about it originally all the colors I used, the pens
I saved , it all was still there, only part of the drawing was gone….

If I would not need illustrator because my clients use it I would
unsubscribe immediately but sadly I have no choice but use this treble
software.

Regards Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the jetsamevent file the only one that can do it, i mean, i didnt crash or anything, i just connected my internet and my file went missing, but following the instruction, i in fact do not have the file but there was another one called gemini retail with the same date of it happening

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That may be it, in the initial Beta testing phase, Fresco used the code name of Project Gemini.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had what seems like this exact thing happen tonight. The program crashed, and when I opened my document, it was cropped, missing at least half of the artwork and canvas. As others have said, I've lost hours of work. Version history is missing large gaps of time and will not revert to the previous version or canvas size. I know I didn't accidentally do this as there isn't even a crop option in the app. I have to say that I've lost confidence in using this program now, especially for any commercial work at all. It's a shame. Very frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same problem yesterday morning with a file I've work on for the last 2 weeks. Fresco crushed and the file disappeared. 
huge loss. I contacted the support team trough the "report bugs" on the app.

reciced no replay but the automatic one yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same problem, crashed 9 hours of work all of a sudden. (!!!!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines