Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Large Mural Help

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe Support Community,

I am designing a mural which will be printed at 32m x 12m. 

I am wanting to design the mural on my iPad with an iPen, and create a hand drawn, sketch effect to the design.

I downloaded Adobe Fresco, and I can create a new document at 3200cm x 1200cm successfully, but the DPI is only 7.

Is this DPI good enough for prinitng at 3200cm x 1200cm?

If not, how can I create a hand drawn design that can be enlarged successfully at this size?

Thank you

TOPICS
Canvas settings , How-to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fresco is not designed to create Vector images which makes the enlarging process quite difficult.

Are you sure you managed to creat a document of 3200cm The largest I can achieve is 288.996 on both W & H.

My personal approach would be to set the highest ppi you can with the highest proportional Width and Height that you can achieve in relation to the final size you need.
Or if possible create the images you want to use then export them to an app which can work in the size that you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Sjaani,

Thank you for your message and advice regarding this, it is very helpful thank you.

I have decided to instead use Adobe Illustrator on my MacBook Pro where I am able to create my illustration at 3200cm x 1200cm and at 300dpi.

I regards to dpi, is there a general rule or equation that converts dpi into printed sizes?

I am aware 300dpi allows a high resolution image for an A4 page for example, however can 300dpi images be printed at larger sizes successfully, or are there other dpi recommended for certain paper sizes?

Thank you again for your help
Natasha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines