Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing functions in Fresco

Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

Really enjoying the Fresco app so far. A few questions about some features as I transition from Sketch. 

1. Is there a graphing/grid option? I do a lot of architectural project planning and loved that on and off feature in sketch.  would also be nice to have a perspective option, but the standard graph is kind of essential for some of my projects. 

2. Did the ruler function totally disappear? I actually really liked the way it handled and made shapes and lines much easier to add quickly.  There doesn't seem to be a shape/line function like photoshop either so now is there not one at all? 

3. Love saving swatches from the piece as you go, but it would also be great to be able to pull swatches from your adobe libraries, pull from a standard swatch selection, or be able to enter the HEX/CMYK/RGB code directly in to get a specific color.  Are any of those options that I just haven't figured out? 

4. Lastly, love the select functions so far.  Any way to select an entire color from the piece to alter? That would be awesome. 

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Hi Katherine. 

Glad you're liking Fresco. The good news is that ALL (with the exception of #4 for which I'll need a bit of clarification to be sure) of these features will be coming to Fresco. The bad news is that some will come sooner than others. I can't give you dates but here's what I can say:

1. We know grids and guides are a necessity for many people and they're coming, soon-ish, I just don't have more of an idea than that right now. 

2. The straight edge is coming back. Very soon. In

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Katherine. 

Glad you're liking Fresco. The good news is that ALL (with the exception of #4 for which I'll need a bit of clarification to be sure) of these features will be coming to Fresco. The bad news is that some will come sooner than others. I can't give you dates but here's what I can say:

1. We know grids and guides are a necessity for many people and they're coming, soon-ish, I just don't have more of an idea than that right now. 

2. The straight edge is coming back. Very soon. In the meatime, try using the experimental Straight Line feature. That can be toggled on in App Settings > Experimental. (App Settings are available from the Home screen by tapping the gear icon in the upper nav.)

3. Access to color libraries is also coming very soon. 

4. Are you looking for a tool like Photoshop's Magic Wand? Let me know. 

Hope that helps. 

Sue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's great to hear! for question 4 I was actually picturing more of when in photoshop you hit select- color range and you can select a specific color to adjust. just curious really as it would sometimes speed things up (say wanting to replace red with blue in an image).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what the plans are for a tool like that. I'll submit it as a feature request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2019 Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, do you have any photoshop's magic wand like feature in Fresco?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also really hoping for a direct selection tool magic wand! Yes, please 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are there plans or add a clone stamp tool to fresco? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines