• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Palm rejection

Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good evening. 

I tried doing a search before posting this question but didn't have any luck. So.... Does Adobe Fresco support Palm Rejection? I found answers for other Adobe applications but didn't find any postings about this in Fresco. Thanks in advance for your help. 

TOPICS
Device , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Hi Boomer,

If you're drawing with Apple Pencil, palm rejection isn't needed if you change the settings to draw with Pencil only. If you're not using Apple Pencil, I'm not quite sure what the palm rejection capability is. Perhaps an Adobe person could comment on that.

88660D45-BA33-4A8F-A1B8-2BB324232E1B.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Boomer,

If you're drawing with Apple Pencil, palm rejection isn't needed if you change the settings to draw with Pencil only. If you're not using Apple Pencil, I'm not quite sure what the palm rejection capability is. Perhaps an Adobe person could comment on that.

88660D45-BA33-4A8F-A1B8-2BB324232E1B.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Michael. Apple Pencil is the only pressure-sensitive stylus supported in Fresco.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply. I've been trying to get my Apple Pencil to work on this app but it's a no go. My hand and fingers can make strokes and select tools and menu items but the Apple Pencil will not draw, select tools, select menus or anything. I tried restoring Settings and I deleted the app and re-installed but the pencil is still DOA. Other apps work a-ok with the pencil.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind......unbelievable......the tip on my Apple Pencil unscrewed a little bit and that was the problem. Feeling pretty stupid right now. I'd hard reset the iPad, re-paired the pencil, and it still didn't't work. Then I noticed a small gap at the tip of the pencil..... all fixed now. Sorry and Thank you for the help!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Boomer. That was going to be my first question... Is the tip tight? Glad you got everything sorted and it's all working correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeh, it's embarrassing. All the googling, restarts, hard resets, un-pairing/re-pairing. Googling more and then......lol....a loose tip. Haha haha. But, hey, this board is great and had helped me a lot and I've been able to help others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This “answer” puzzles me a bit. When I’m drawing with the Apple Pencil and happen to either rest my hand on the screen or, if I’m careful not to do that, accidentally touch the screen with my palm (the side of it, to be precise), Undo is activated, or some other times, a new vector layer is “spontaneously” created. I’ve searched the (rather sparse) app settings and I see no way to change that. Do you know of a way to change that behavior? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The screen shot of the settings above answered the problem for me. I hope it works out for you too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wrote my original message after I tried that. It did not work. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here - it's driving me mad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have my Finger Settings set to Gestures Only, and my palm undoes my work almost every single time I rest it on the screen. Is there a workaround for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, it's making me crazy...so sensitive too. Deleting my work after my palm rests

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope problem still occurs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I quit using Fresco a long time ago because of this. When they fix this, I may use it again.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like what Michael said.   With drawing apps on the iPad using Apple Pencils regardless of who it is,  its a good rule of thumb to go into the preferences and change the touch to genstures only or something like that if you want to completely turn on palm rejection

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bumping this because this seems to have gotten worse.  Every single time I rest my palm on my screen, the Undo action is activated. It's almost rendering Fresco unusable.  My settings look exactly like the screenshot above.  Any fixes yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 27, 2019 Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using an iPad or the Windows version?  I know there was a app update not too long ago,  but  I don't know if it addressed that. The next update won't happen until after the first of the year,  when the Adobe offices reopen after the holiday break

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 27, 2019 Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using an iPad Fresco version 1.2.1 and still get random undo's.  I'm not 100% sure but it seems to happen if I resize or rotate the canvas.  It would also be nice if someone from Adobe acknowledged the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2020 Jan 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve been using it for about a month and it’s a very big issue. I enjoy playing around with Fresco, but the palm issue is probably the biggest factor that would keep me from using it for work.

I like almost everything else about the app and I’m very hopeful that Adobe will get the issue sorted soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this issue (all the time). 2019 iPad Pro, latest pencil, everything up to date, settings at gesture-only. Why can't I turn off the "double tap to undo" gesture? I suspect it's reading my hand on the screen as that. I hope this is fixed soon, I love the vector functionality of the app but am maddened by the constant undoing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same thoughts.  Adobe REALLY needs to add an option to turn off that double tap.  It is completely infuriating 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo. Im using Apple Pencil nas palm rejection is needed. 
i have same settings as you have and still this is happening:

31A1719B-1E52-4A1A-8730-239C2BFEEFB1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me too but on a different app. Were you able to figure out what the problem was?
Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same.  Any answers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines