• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Performance] Fresco on iPad - Apple pencil throws out random dots and lines

Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem in Fresco where my Apple pencil will sporadically throw out LOTS of random dots, random straight lines or extra curves in my lines. I have to stop and "undo" all the extra unwanted material. Sometimes this happens so much that it makes it hard to actually work, and I have a challenge controlling my lines with the extra little curves when that is happening.

I don't have this issue in Procreate, so it seems to be unique to Fresco.

Things I have tried:

• Replacing my Apple pencil tip (worked to some degree one time when that really was the problem)
  • Restarting Fresco or my iPad (sometimes seems to help reduce the extra info for awhile!)

I am using a Paperlike screen protector if that's relevant (but no pencil tip covers).

This is my #1 complaint about Fresco. Otherwise, I love this app and primarily use the vector brushes for my illustration work. (I do also have this problem when I am sketching with the regular brushes too.)

Anybody else struggled with this? Any suggestions or fixes?

[Renamed by Mod]

TOPICS
Performance , Pixel Brushes , Vector Brushes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try without the paperlike screen protector?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2023 Feb 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't tried this yet. I don't have any similar issues working in Procreate (at all!) however, so it seems like the issue is somehow with Fresco ... the challenge is also that the random dots come unexpectedly. I can have many work sessions without them, so it's a little hard to test it easily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen some people complain about a similar issue with Procreate, turned out it was tied to their Paperlike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried setting up the stylus settings with in Fresco itself? Perhaps the Apple pencil is set to be too sensitive and so in Fresco it is reading really sensitively, if that makes sens. Go to the Settings>App Setting and there you can try to adjust the stylus and see if that helps at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I will experiment with that. As I told the other commenter, the problem is very random and unpredictable so not immediately easy to test! I suppose I was hoping someone else on here would have had a similar problem and recognize what I'm desribing. Next time it happens I'm going to snag a screenshot so I can share that too. It's VERY random. Dots and sometimes straight lines get thrown ALL over the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you resting your hand on the screen as well? Maybe you need one of those gloves?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with my iPad. I'm wearing gloves, but it doesn't help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do rest my hand on the screen but I have the settings set so that only the apple pencil should draw so that shouldn't really be an issue. And again, no problems in Procreate (or in Illustrator either!).

Zsolt -- you have this issue too!?!?! Is it just with Fresco? Just hearing that someone else has it feels like a start toward finding a solution. How do you address it? I generally just undo until the dots go away then restart my iPad and keep drawing. Restarting the iPad does seem to help somewhat, but since the dots are so random it's hard to know what's really helping.

I did manage to illustrate an entire book using Fresco, so clearly I'm making it work. But I also had to embrace imperfection in my line quality. I could never truly trust my line to track my Apple pencil perfectly -- even when there weren't random dots, there'd be weird squiggles thrown in that didn't relate to my hand motion at all. These somewhat go away with stabilizing but I have to turn it really high and then ... my drawing doesn't really look like what I want it to either!

Why do I keep using Fresco, you might ask? Especially when Procreate is so much more reliable? I do really love being able to do vector drawings that look like normal drawings. That's mainly what I do. And I love the seamless integration to Illustrator. So I stick with it, but I would LOVE to find a way to fix these glitches. That would make it incredibly amazing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry I have no solution for this problem yet, sometimes I restart the Fresco. I have Procreate too, but I better like the Fresco also, I dont know why, maybe it is closer to the natural drawing. I tried Procreate, maybe it has less issues, but the Frasco has better brushes, as pencil, watercolour brushes and of course the vector brushes are amazing as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to Fresco and I'm using a generic stylus (with precion point tho) and I'm having similar problems. Gittered and dropped lines (vector brushes). I use a cloth under my hand to avoid multiple touches, but that didn't change anyting. I've seen improvement however, when I work slowly at a zoomed in view (so larger gestures). There are fewer inconsistencies with the lines. Unforntunately that means it's not as natural a drawing process as working on paper and requires patience on my part.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2023 Sep 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i get this same thing but also on the surface pro. its so frustrating as i would love to keep using fresco but sometimes i wish they just kept adobe sketch and adobe draw. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2023 Nov 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed that it was only happening when my iPad was plugged in, charging. Doesn't happen when I unplug it. Weird I know but it really seems to be the case for me at least!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2023 Dec 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue where it generates like a fractal line shooting across the screen. It happens with and without a screen protector and I'm running 12.9 iPad Pro with lots of memory. The kicker is that you cannot undo the phantom stroke. The intended stroke is removed but the fractal remains. Looks like it's back to ProCreate. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2024 Jan 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problems here. It's very frustrating because there doesn't seem to be a clear cause. It happens sporadically whether its a new or loaded file, plugged in or not, etc. I've heard that sometimes the iPad prefers to be touching a surface when drawing. However putting it flat on my hand or table top doesn't seem to work either. Usually Procreate operates free of these issues, but tonight I had it happen on Procreate too! Perhaps I need to replace my pencil tip and/or switch some settings. I would love to know what others do to solve this. It really worsens my experience of working digitally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2024 Jan 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @studiomoop,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing some more details, like the exact version of the OS/Fresco, your iPad model, details about your workflow, and a screen recording of the problem (https://adobe.ly/4b51fa2), so we can investigate this further?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can’t get it to happen again of course but pulled the iPad Pro specs and
Fresco settings. The main issue is that UNDO does not remove the errant
lines that get generated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Troy22087968f7as,

Thanks for reaching out. If the issue occurs again, please try to capture a screen recording of the problem along with the following details:

1. The specific actions you were performing when the issue happened.
  2. The iPad Pro specifications & generation.
  3. Are you using Apple pencil 1 or 2 or using your fingers?

Additionally, if you have a file that consistently triggers this problem, share that file with us. This information will help us investigate the issue more effectively. Thank you for your cooperation.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines