• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Performance] Fresco on iPad - Send to Illustrator Desktop not working

Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2023 Jan 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This feature only worked once or twice and then it doesn't work even after I updated Illustrator, restaritng computer made it work again but uploaded all past failed 20 drawing at once. And then they all show up on Photoshop file in Photoshop. How can I fix this issue?

There must be a set up in Fresco or Adobe Cloud.

I can't even find these files in cloud. I think they are in Push to desktop folder in Library but can't find it either.

[Renamed by Mod]

TOPICS
Device , How-to , Performance , Publish & export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you just using vector brushes or a mix of pixel and vector brushes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't matter. USed both and didn't have issue before. I think it's PUSH to DESKTOP function. I don't wanna restart all the time. It will get back up and send like all missing documents at once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently my ipad sends my fresco file to my macbook pro which is not active instead of my computer which is 30 cm away… (and to photoshop instead of illustrator!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happened to me. And photoshop files were like 80-90mb. SO What I did was use Adobe Cloud.
Check updates, and restart the desktop or Macpro. And then you will see tons of missing Illustrator files in Illustrator and photoshop. Still frustrating. I'm gonna figure it out about the setting. Stay tune.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found another way to make it work. If you still have Illustrator 2022, it imports faster than 2023. I had both opened up, and it took 1 min for 2022 version to open but 2023 took 2 min. And when you export to SVG, 2022 version can get rid of weird outline and knock out background to transparent and 2023 can't get rid of it and creates weird box behind the art board. Something are better with 2022.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not how close your macpro is. It used to work for me so I know what you mean by not working anymore.
The way to not create multiple duplicates ( every time you push that to illustrator desktop, it stores in your cloud), so if you install illustrator on your ipad, send it to ipad, it will work and won't create multiple copies. I had to go to cloud and delete bunch of photoshop files  and Fresco files were all deleted. So Fresco layer files were actual photoshop files. I lost all those files but lots of AI files were also in there. Hope this is making sense. Don't keep sending it bc it will all come through when you restart your computer after updating Illustrator w Cloud app. It's system glich I think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Send artwork directly to Illustrator on iPad or desktop
  • Open your artwork in Adobe Fresco.
  • Tap Share icon on the title bar.
  • In Open a copy select between iPad or Desktop option. You will receive a notification that your document is sent to Adobe Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know how it works but I don't know why desktop options doesn't work sometimes. Sending to ipad works all the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it doesn't work for me anymore... it sends from Ipad but no reception on my computer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. I know what you mean. Read above and I'll tell you how to delete those copies with 100mb. but don't make mistakes that I've made.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines