• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

png transparent areas are white

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created an image in illustrator on iPad, then quickexport as PNG to fotos app (they have a transparent background shown as black or white in the photos app)

When i import the to fresco, the sometimes have a white background, sometimes a black background and sometimes a transparent background (Wich I would expect). Sometimes it even changes after saving and reloading a project.

What is causing these irregularities? and how can I make sure I always get the transparent background?

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi NaturGR.

We did discover a bug recently whereby importing a PNG into Fresco, that was saved directly to iOS Photos with a transparent background, would result in a black background in Fresco once the drawing was closed/reopened. 

These are the steps we used to reproduce the problem:

* create a new document
* import a png with a transparent background that was saved to iOS Photos
* fill a layer beneath
* close the drawing
* reopen the drawing
*  black canvas

Let me know if that's what's happening.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

i have a similar issue. I am trying to import png file which I saved from others app in iOS photos and Fresco open it without transparency with white background.

Is there any solution for that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any fix for this, when i try and add a PNG to a Fresco on ipad document, it keeps showing up with a white background even though it doesn't have one in the preview in photos. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. You have to safe the image in your icloud folder and then you have to import the image in fresco from your icloud folder, not from "images". Then its transparent. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I import a file from adobe creative cloud it's making a white background instead of a transparent one how do I fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same issue, except that my PNG library element comes into Fresco with a black background. Semi transparent areas come in as Solid Color.

Adobe, any idea when we can expect a fix?

Thanks much.

Rajnesh 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines