• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Procreate has privacy layers, and fresco has what? Nothing.

Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Timelapse tracing in the ONLY way for non-artistic types like me and probably 7+ billion other folks to "draw" while recording. It's not animation stictly speaking...its a great story telling medium that "feels" enough like animation to intregue our listeners. It's worthy of your immediate attention.

Timelapse recording of tracing is, I agree,  primitive. It is the most simplistic form of animation/story telling.  But it is effective and most importantly INCLUSIVE of us non-never-gonna-probably-animate-folks.

So how hard would it be for the engineering group to give us a private layer that does not show up in the final timelapse video? Is this in the works? 

I was glad to see that you guys were ambitous enough to state that you have "motion planned."  But by simply building in a privacy layer,  you could put some POINTS ON THE BOARD now, not later.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving thread to the Fresco forum from Using the Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Adobe Team, 

is there any update on this? Does Adobe plan to implemet private layers in Fresco? 

Currently one has to switch to PROCREATE, that does not record private layers in timelapse video. This makes the following tracing procedure quite easy:

" Layer #1 will have an object (say the letter Z) and another layer (#2) on top, where I will trace the shape that's on the layer underneath it. For the  Recording, I would like to hide the original layer with the letter Z on it.  The recording would only show my tracing, but without the original content underneath it." 

Many Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines