• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reolution

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I´m new drawing. I would like to know that resolution i should you to draw if i want to print it in a big piece of sheet. I mean, i know i have to use 300 ppp but what about the pixels?

For example, I draw using 2100x2100 pixels and 300 ppp. Is that good if i want to print it in a big piece of sheet?

TOPICS
Publish & export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

300 ppi is generally a good choice for printing. As others have stated there are many other factors to consider. Vector can always be enlarged to suit if your print will be really big.

If you're getting it printed by someone else ask them what their preferences are so you can start with a file suitable for their needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @OSCAR ANDRE26379744r1p2,

Thanks for reaching out. Vector artwork is art that's made up of vector graphics. These graphics are points, lines, curves, and shapes that are based on mathematical formulas. When you scale a vector image file, it isn't low resolution, and there's no loss of quality, so it can be sized to however large or small you need it to be.

So as long as your work does not contain any raster elements, you should be fine when resizing the artwork.
You may learn more about this here: https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/file-types/image/comparison/raster-vs-vector.html.

Kindly update this thread if you need further assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you plan to print it? Commercially or on a home printer? A home printer will tell you what the best resolution for that printer is and a commercial printer will tell you the best resolution for a specific job. For example, large billboards do not need really high resolution as people look at them from far away. I am also not sure what you mean by "ppp" - there is either "ppi" = pixels per inch or "dpi" = dots per inch. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

300 ppi is generally a good choice for printing. As others have stated there are many other factors to consider. Vector can always be enlarged to suit if your print will be really big.

If you're getting it printed by someone else ask them what their preferences are so you can start with a file suitable for their needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines