• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Touch screen monitor

Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Dell Touch Screen Monitor. I am running Win10. I just installed Fresco and LOVING it! My question: Can I use a stylus pen on my touch-screen monitor or would I need to use a iPad or Wacom tablet? Yes, I know I can use my mouse, but I think by using a pen would be more effective. 

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!
The answer is YES, Fresco is made to be used with a pen, and not least because you'll take advantage of the pen pressure & tilt features for brushes which is really part of the Fresco experience.

That said, you need to enquire with Dell to see if the screen as a sufficient pressure sensitivity  (and resolution overall) so you can use it effectively with a pen, or if indeed it can be used with a pen, and if yes, if it needs a particular one.

There I am assuming it's not one of those 2 in 1 (laptop/tablet) as for those, the pen function is almost always included.

I use Fresco on a desktop computer as well as on an IPad. For the Windows computer I am using a display graphic tablet (a graphic tablet with its own screen) but I could also use a standard graphic tablet. The pen is a must IMHO, watching another screen while you draw is an acquired taste but by no means impossible.

So, if Dell tells you that you can't use a pen on their screen, then consider buying even a cheap graaphic tablet, it will change your life 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you SO much for that information! I just found out that I can use my
smartphone pen on my Dell desktop monitor! 😄 SO HAPPY! OH!!! I just found
out that my smartphone pen IS a stylus pen! 😳

Question: Would you suggest that I get a stylus pen that is more made for
artists? If so, what pen would you recommend that I get? There are SO many
to choose from! Or should I contact Dell for their recommendation?

Thanks again!

--
*Rochelle*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Rochelle,

I know there are lots of pens available but I wouldn't tell you exactly which is the best as, having a graphic tablet, I am bound to use the one that comes with it. The system being different than touch screen (The graphic tablet screen isn't a touch screen, and only works with the pen, not fingers).
I know Wacom does "universal styluses" (you'll find them more under the denomination "stylus" than "pen".)
https://www.wacom.com/en-gb/products/stylus/bamboo-ink

But there are probably other brands available as well...
Styluses you must look for are those who have pressure and tilt features, not the cheaper ones that are just an extension of your finger (the cheaper have big bulky spongy nibs as opposite to a fine, hard, replaceable nib)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines