• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unacceptable lag in Fresco on my new 2020 iPad Pro 12.9”

Participant ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The lag in Fresco makes drawing impossible. Any tips to improve performance?

TOPICS
Device , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Hi ManOfNumenor.

I'm on the Fresco team and we're investigating reports of extreme lag in Fresco; I'm going to be messaging (from my Adobe  email  address) at the email addy you're using in the forums.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to the Documents screen. then clicked on the ••• under my file and selected "Duplicate". Then I started working with the new document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have the original drawing in my cloud. So I have both syncing now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ellen. 

Next time, instead of creating a second document, try just closing the one you've been working on, and allowing the changes to sync (you can tell that work is synced because the icon in the lower right hand corner of the thumbnail will change in style and color).  That should also speed things up. 

Sue, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I normally close my file each time i work on it, so i would have been closing it all along when i was having issues. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ellen. 

Sounds good. Just keep an eye on your edits also syncing when you close the drawing.

Sue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ellen. 

These issues you're having, when using the pixel drawing tools, are super unusual. Are you able to write us through Fresco's Report A Bug link (App Settings > Help > Support > Report A Bug)?

If you are, please write me there. It will allow me to see all of your device information and I'd also like you to send me links to any one or two drawings in which you're experiencing this lag. 

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sue,

I was able to finish my last drawing ok after i did the save as. I started a new drawing and began getting lags very soon. A lot sooner than on the last drawing. I've done the save a copy as and made sure it was backed up to the server. Nothing seems to be helping this time. The lag is most noticible during these actions: the first is zooming in or out. The second is drawing. You draw and nothing happens. A few seconds later you get a row of round blobs where you drew. You have to undo all the blobs and draw again. This happens every 5-10 minutes. 

Ellen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing the extreme lag issue with Fresco, Even when if I am working on JUST ONE layer with vector round brush, its taking enless time and is always loading when zoomed in .out, fill color or even draw. This is extremly frustating and my business work is getting stalled. What is the solution to this issue ? I have enormous space in my IPAD and have got premium subscription of Fresco too. Can this problem be immediately resolved anyhow ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ankita. 

I just responded to the email you sent through Fresco's Report A Bug link. 

Sue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi  Sue

I have not received any email from you, can you please resend. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Sue Garibaldi @Ankita5D09 

This dialogue has been extremely insightful. Thank you both. Good to know duplicate doesn't clear Undos and only reinstalling Fresco does. As I said before: reinstalling Fresco is the ONLY thing I have found that immediately speeds Fresco back up to normal, but then after a few weeks it slows again. Based on your comments Sue, it seems that must be the build up of Version history and Undos. (Simply closing the file and reopening doesn't speed anything up for me, only reinstalling.)

Can we request an option that allows the file to carry less info if we so choose? Because reinstalling and re-favoriting all brushes is a pain. 

ALSO A WARNING: I must have stupidly threw out/reinstalled Fresco while my 1.2GIG file must have still been saving in the background, which made the file corrupt. I did it too soon. Trying to reopen after install I got "this is not a psd file". Yet I can open it in PS. But not in fresco. Lost some work. So make sure it is properly saved and backed up before reinstalling. My fault. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Compared to adobe draw, this fresco program lags a lot!!! I never experience lag in adobe draw, never!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rant :down_arrow:

Fresco is super buggy and Adobe is lazy and slow to fix things. I have been working on an issue with Adobe regarding a glitch in the ruler tool for almost a year now. There solution is (I need to figure out how to work around the issue) so unsatisfactory.
soultion :down_arrow:

Anyway the best solution to your problem is keeping your layers as simple as possible. Separate your work on as many layers as you can to simplify the workload on your device and adobes crappy software. One nice thing about fresco is that they give you essentially unlimited layers vs draw which limits you to like 10 or 20 or something. Hope that helps I wouldn't bother reaching out to Adobe they are unhelpful and slow to do anything. Essentially they are useless. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Yeah, i think i will try something else... i dont this will work out. Its hard for me to draw and express my art that is why rythm is very important to me. Im trying this vectornator programs... so intuitive and heavily focus on just vector. I dont think adobe understands is that some people prefer to work on just vector and trying to force everyone to use fresco is so annoying. Everyone has their own preferred medium, no offense to the fresco team but man... i really miss adobe draw. 

the only problem im encountering is the fill part. I just started but i think it works great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't used fresco in a bit, decided to flex the creative muscle, and I too am experiencing extreme lag to the point of being unusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't seen any lag.  What device were you using and how much RAM and storage do you have? What file size were you using and were you using really large brushes? I mean, if I'm using a brush that's 2,000px, of course I'm going to see a bit of a lag, because of how ridiculously large the brush is 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines