• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Watercolor brush leaves white border

Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working in Fresco today, and everything was working fine with the watercolor brush. I'm not sure what happened, but at some point, while using a live watercolor brush, the color pulled away from the border of the image and left a white border around the whole image. I did the following to see if I could troubleshoot (but nothing worked):

1.  cleared the layer to start over
  2. lowered the water flow
  3. tried different watercolor brushes from live brushes
  4. closed out of the image
  5. closed out of Fresco
  6. restarted the computer
  7. uninstalled Fresco and shutdown 
  8. reinstalled and restarted

The issue persists. This only happens with the watercolor brushes. I tested the oil brushes and they are fine. Oh, and I'm on Windows 10.

If someone can please help, I would very much appreciate it.

Thank you!

TOPICS
Live brushes , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick update - I tested Fresco on my phone, the border thing starts to happen after I dry the layer. So, it's an issue with drying the layer. I don't know how to clear that memory from my devices so that I can still use the watercolor brushes and just not dry the layer. It was working fine before I dried the layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Golden. 

I'm trying to reproduce this but even with the image you've posted, I can't understand what's happening. Are you using watercolor on a layer above an Image layer? Or something else?

If you could give me the steps you've used creating your drawing I can duplicate them to try to get the same result.

Thanks for taking the time to post. 

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Sue for your response. 

There's no image underneath. On the layer with the watercolors, I just paint with the watercolor brush, click 'dry layer', and paint some more. But when I click "dry layer" that's when the colors start to pull from the edges and leave a white border. I just did a timelapse, but it's really fast (sorry). But you can still see the issue with the color pulling away from the edge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Golden. 

I can't  get anything to happen on my iPad or my iPhone (I know you're on Windows but I don't have a device on which to test). 

Will you do me a favor and send me an email through Fresco's Report A Bug link (App Settings  > Help > Support >  Report A Bug) so I can see all your app  device information (it will auto-populate the email).

Just mention that you posted here about watercolor. 

Sue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will do Sue. Also, it wasn't happening on my iPhone until I hit "dry" layer. I don't know if that will help resolving at some point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Golden. 

I think I might see what you're referring to now... as if the watercolor doesn't go all the way to the edge? Even though it was drawn all the way to the edge? 

If that's what you're referring to... how does your art look  when you export? (I mean, I understand that you probably won't see a thin white line around the border of the drawing, especially with a transparent background, but other than that, does it look okay to you?)

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's exactly what I'm talking about! I was trying to set up POP3 mail on my computer, that's why it's taking me so long. LOL 

When I go to export the piece, if there's a layer under the watercolor layer, that color shows through. I tested to see how it looks if there's no layer, and the edge is transparent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Golden. 

I've asked one of our engineers to take a look at this conversation so I should know something by tomorrow. 

Sue, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I sent an email also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just responded to your email.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines