• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When I click on the shapes icon it shows laurels and other complicated shapes. I see my library but.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click on the shapes icon I see laurels and other complicated shapes but I don't see the basic shapes selection. I just want to draw a basic square.

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Basic shapes for some reason got moved over to the ruler in the bottom corner of the app. Do a long tap on the ruler and other options such as square, circle will appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basic shapes for some reason got moved over to the ruler in the bottom corner of the app. Do a long tap on the ruler and other options such as square, circle will appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much! I found the basic shapes at the ruler.

Now may I ask another question? How do I stroke a shape? I don’t want to fill it, just apply a stroke.

Thank you,
Susan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wy cant Adobe just make it possible to add simple vector shapes that can be easily transformed and moved in a non-destructive way? If i use the ruler shape tool to fill an rectangle that is bigger that the artboard, i can't move it around without it being cropped - now it is no longer a rectangle, but a polygon. This is super frustrating, if i want to try and place it at different places to see where it fits my composition the best

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines