• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

when will fresco be available on android?

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've seen people discuss this before, but on the website it says it's available for both ios and android devices, yet in the list of compatible devices there is no android, which leaves me confused...

Screenshot_20220609-064338_Chrome.jpg

TOPICS
Activation installation and billing , Device , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Hi, Sorry for the delay. The flaw reported in the above screenshot has been fixed. Now, it is showing up as IOS only.

Regards,
Vivek

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

you can go here https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html and put in a request for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No dates are offered by Adobe so no-one can really answer this question.

Agreed, it shouldn't currently say it's available for Android as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't seen a hard date yet, but its rumored they should have it out sometime this year 2022. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2023 Sep 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah... now it's the end of 23

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Sorry for the delay. The flaw reported in the above screenshot has been fixed. Now, it is showing up as IOS only.

Regards,
Vivek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know its frustrting for Android uses. The delay with Android devices has to do more with the nature of the Android OS.  iOS/iPadOS came first because it was the easiest to design for. Most devices are on the current version of that OS and aside from RAM, there's no variation between devices.  Windows came next because Specs of devices are all over the place, due to ease of customization. Android is taking longer because in terms of OS, its the wild west due to devices having their own skins over the OS, there's devices all over the place and the version of the OS is all over the place. It makes it hard to develop.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But is it coming out this year (2022)???

Why pull other drawing/sketching apps wothout first having a solution in place for Android users? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave, wondering if you have any insight as to when/if we can expect news on Fresco for Android. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is 40 years old and very successful and rich. Can't they hire an Android developeer or two. C'mon man.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you are saying has no sense. Android is based on open source code so in fact its's easier to develop any app in this SO than in IOS which is a very restricted code and it also requires special visual interface code and specific IDE (integrated development environment) and GUI (Graphical User Interface).

In fact the development of any app on android is easier and you can check it by searching how many apps are in play store and in app store, and the result is clearer if you search for cheap or low developed apps.

So I would go by the way that adobe has a paid contract with Apple in order to bring more and better apps to their devices (i. e. Adobe Photoshop or Lightroom works better and has more options in IOS), Windows by the way is the most used SO in professional aplications with Adobe suite so it has all the programs in full version. 

By the other way android had a lot of Adobe programs deleted (that were fine and worked well) in the last years. 

Then everything leads to what I believe, that Adobe has a pact with Apple in order to make their products (Ipads) a better choice in order to use Adobe suite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fact that Mac users cry over the fact that they can't have Fresco on Desktop while Windows users can, doesn't really support the idea that Adobe has a paid contract with Apple. Given the amount of Window users VS Mac users, it wouldn't make sense. Also Fresco is available on Windows tablets, not just iOS.
This is my input on this. If (or when ) Fresco is available for Android, it will be likely to be on Stable, known specs tablet: I am thinking Galaxy Tabs and the like. Android tablets come with all sorts of screen sizes and resolutions, there are layers of UI on top of the Android core code. It's a complete mess and every brand does what they want (I have an android phone, I like it very much, but good luck to tell anyone who has another brand Android phone how to do things, even simple ones, like setting up auto correct etc... My husband's and mine have completely different menu, UI, some of the features on my husband's one are deactivated, with no possibility of adding them etc)
It's not really a problem with Android, it's a problem of you don't know how your app will look like, and what the users will be able to do.
It doesn't sound very professional.
I am no Apple lover, that's for sure, but at least the range is coherent...
There are plenty of software for tablets around that are available only for Ipads (Affinity, Procreate), and that's for a reason...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can go here https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html and put in a request for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2023 Sep 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe doesn't care about the community ... they just cater only to those elites.....  other wise it would have been released bynow 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I believe Adobe does care about all their users. Adobe fresco wasn't made for the Elite it was made for the average user in my opinion. You got remember it takes time to develop these programs. Hey keep you head up maybe you'll get lucky and they will launch Fresco at the Max in October. That's only a few weeks away. You can even go for free online. Here is the website. Scroll down to the free online "register for free". https://max.adobe.com/pricing/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines