• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will Fresco get better illustrator integration?

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Currently, if I use Fresco to create a vector only document and then want work on it later in illustrator, I have to export it from Fresco as a pdf and then send it to my desktop via one method or another.

It's a bit of a farse. Even more so if I decide I want to work on it on my desktop and I don't have my ipad with me to export it there and then. 

However I can open cloud docs directly within photoshop on my desktop with retlative ease. 

Will there be a point when I will be able open fresco vector files directly in illustrator from my cloud docs?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Technicholl. 

We completely understand that vector artists are looking for the same ease-of-use that raster artists are currently afforded with Fresco-Photoshop integration.  I don't have too many details for you but I can say that this functionality is being worked on.

I've already passed your comments along to the team but if you have a minute please also post them to User Voice; it's an extra step but once posted there people can vote on your request and the team can prioritize features that are most important to the largest number of people.

To access User Voice from within Fresco:

* From the Home screen tap the gear icon in the upper right corner of the screen.

* Then from the App Settings menu go to Help > Support > Suggest a feature

Thanks for taking the time to post.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great to see integration between Fresco and Ai is being worked on, Thanks Sue.

With Illustrator for the iPad also being worked on I'm sure more people will be pleased when Fresco works well with Ai.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sjaani. 

Think you're reading our minds. 🙂

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly, as I tell people often, just be patient, there is more awesomeness to come with this app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates on this?  Send to Illustrator just hangs in Fresco on my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Phillip

Sorry it's not working.

Sometimes product updates require "resetting," so there are a few steps I'd like you to try. First make sure that you're using v25.0 of Illustrator and v2.0.4 of Fresco, then, even though you may already have tried some/all of this, please try signing out and restarting in this particular order:

1. Sign in with your Adobe ID to https://assets.adobe.com/cloud-documents and make sure all the work on your device is synced to Creative Cloud.
2. Then, on your desktop, close out of all desktop apps and log out of the Creative Cloud Desktop App (tap the CC icon, then from the window that launches tap the avatar icon in the upper right corner, then Sign Out).
3. Then restart your computer and sign back in to Creative Cloud.
4. Before you try to sending from Fresco again, sign out of the app, (tap the avatar icon in the upper right corner of the screen then from the App Settings menu tap Account > Sign Out.
5. Once you sign out, restart your device, then log back in to Fresco.
6. Only after you iPad and your computer are up-and-running, try sending from Fresco to Illustrator again.

Let me know if that gets things working correctly.

Sue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines