• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows cursor in Fresco

Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Fresco on a Surface Pro 16, Win 10 tablet. Unfortunately I get the normal Windows cursor (arrow) when drawing. I've already searched all possible menus (windows & Adobe) to turn it off, but can't find a solution.

It's a bit irritating and I would like to see the brush size or just a dot. I don't have this problem in other Adobe products. Does anyone have an idea how to correct this?

TOPICS
Device

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Apr 07, 2023 Apr 07, 2023

Hello @cryothic @dracogiraffa @dctanjoe @Don28878734xrjz @Torsten.H,

Thanks for your patience. The product team is aware of this problem in Fresco version 4.4 and is working on a fix for a future release.

Please stay tuned for updates.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 28, 2023 Jun 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @mearlam@Deensama@AndroidRobotka@dv8kiwi,

We apologize for the frustration caused by the incorrect brush cursor in Fresco. Our product team is actively addressing this issue and working on a solution for a future update. We appreciate your patience and understanding. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out. We're here to assist you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great to hear, thanks for the info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2023 Sep 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

haveing the same issue and nothing works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On top of the cursor always showing, the brush preview does not show when changing the size of the brush so you have no idea how big it is! 2 fundamental things to be able to paint anything tbh. Seeing the brush you are painting with and the size of it.

I only just tried the app for the first time for a long time since it was missing lots of features before. Really dissapointed to see this level of quality of releases. Basic functionality broken makes me wonder what kind of backing this app has.

I have nothing special going on here config wise, wacom cintiq 16 pro, windows 11. As everybody has already said, no other painting app has the problem currently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2023 Jul 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the same bug on windows 10.I have updated fresco to the latest version. Please fix this ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2023 Jul 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ASAP?

They are telling us "it's going to be fixed" for a couple of years now.

It's pathetic. A company like Adobe, who bring us a wonderful tool like Fresco (apart from the cursor issues, I like it a lot. Especially since I don't have an iPad), but just can't seem to hide the mousepointer. This isn't some 12 year old kid who made "an app as a hobby". It's #%Q^! Adobe. Come on!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2023 Jul 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They should really be fixing a bug this bad in a couple of days as a hot fix. The app is completely usuable with the cursor in your face and not being able to see how big your brush is when resizing. I would suspect this app has very low priority at Adobe because it isn't their big money earners. Which is fine in a way, but don't go making app you cannot support properly if that is the case.

Funny thing is, if a 12 year old did make this, they would have fixed it and released a new version by now.

Luckily I do have an ipad but I like painting on my pc. I am using Krita and Rebelle in the mean time until they sort it out. If they ever do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2023 Jul 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this issue was not there a month back. I am using fresco on windows 10 using wacom tablet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2023 Jul 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a temporary fix for this on windows 10. Just make your curser disappear when you want to use fresco!

Following are the steps.

1. First download this transparent .cur file.This is nothing but a transparent 32 x 32 png file that has been converted to .cur format online.
  2. Search for mouse setting on windows, then click on 'Additional mouse options' on the upper right side.
  3. A dialogue box called 'Mouse Properties' will show up. Go to 'Pointers' panel.
  4. In the 'scheme' box, click on dropdown bar and select (None).
  5. In the lower 'Customize' box, select 'Normal Select' and click the 'Browse' button below.
  6. Search for the .cur file and select it.
  7.  You need to save this cursor layout. Click on 'Save As' button and give this setting a name.
  8. Warning: If you now click 'Ok' or 'Apply', the cursor will disappear, so learn how to bring it back first! You can navigate windows by using the 'Tab', 'Shift + Tab' and the arrow keys, without using a mouse. Alternatively, since you are using fresco, you also have a pen device that does not need the cursor.
  9. To bring back the cursor, just navigate using the keyboard and select any of the windows cursor layout rather than your own customized one. Shift to your layout while working with fresco.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the effort you put in to this and hopefully it will help other people out. It is ridiculous this bug has not been fixed by now. I give up with this product for now.

Another temporary fix for others:
- Use Krita
- Use Rebelle
- Use Corel painter
- Use photoshop, even though it is pretty bad for tablets these days

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does any of these have live oil paint brushes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the top 3 do but it is not something i use, krita is totally free so worth trying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From my personal experience of using this fix for some time, the only effort required is the initial set up. After that, it is quite seemless to work with Fresco with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can highly recommend manga studio....very much more resource efficient

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know it has been said, but just a reminder to vote here if you haven't already. Mark as critical and add comments. https://adobefresco.uservoice.com/forums/919786-adobe-fresco/suggestions/38717338-visible-brush-curs...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines