• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Locked] Why is Captivate not part of Creative Cloud?

Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2012 Nov 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is Adobe Captivate not part of Creative Cloud?

It seems it would be a great addition to workflows that require screen capture + publishing. As a creative, I often need to integrate screen capture videos in projects such as trailers, web site or application videos, or simply product presentation. Unless explained, I just don't see why it's not part of the Cloud package...  Now I have to consider buying Camtasia or using crappy freewares...

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Captivate is convenient  to use for e-Learning projects but it's not the only tool available to us.  As Full Creative Cloud Plan members, we have access to all the products we need to create rich multi-media and e-Learning content providing we have the coding skills and know-how for it.

If Adobe wants to keep Captivate (formerly called e-Learning Suite) as a separate product offering, that's their prerogative.  There may well be contractual / legal reasons for this that we as product users kno

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 195 Replies 195
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2015 Sep 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would be a fantastic app to be part of the CC, again like most I feel why pay for a service and not have access to the full suite. I work in education and the possibilities of captivate to help in the learning process is amazing, come on adobe open up all your software to cloud members.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 22, 2015 Sep 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes please add captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2015 Sep 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has my vote as well. Captivate would be a very welcome addition the creative cloud and would enable us to keep working inside the adobe workflow, even when screencasting. At the moment we pretty much have to abandon our high end adobe tools and workflow whenever screencasting, only to find out that adobe actually has the product we are looking for. A seperate buy however would probably never be justified. One of the main reasons we have adobe software is the seemless integration of all apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2015 Sep 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just discovered that there is this thing called Captivate ... got excited ... then disappointed; it's not in my CC subscription . Like everyone else here would very much like it to be different. What can you do for us Adobe? Please (please, please ...).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 01, 2015 Oct 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys

A lot of people have now written in support of the need to include Captivate as an element of the Creative Cloud subscription. If you haven't done so already, could you make a formal feature request to make the strong feeling even clearer to Adobe? You can make a request here: Feature Request/Bug Report Form.

Regards all,

Graham

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 22, 2015 Oct 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent to the feature request. Totally crazy to pay for the CC collection and have one (important) app not included.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2015 Oct 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vote to add Captivate to Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2015 Oct 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got my vote ! Come on Adobe sort it out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2015 Nov 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

vote to add captivate to CC collection

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2015 Nov 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe here is your description of Captivate: "Create any kind of eLearning end-to-end. For any device."  Sounds like just the kind of creative work you would turn to your create cloud suit to perform!

Adobe here is your description of Creative Cloud: "Creative Cloud gives you our entire collection of creative tools for your desktop".

By your own definition Captive must be part of CC. Live up to your own marketing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2015 Dec 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Adobe advertises that $49 a month includes ALL APPS, that should mean all apps. Captivate is an app, correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe makes a lot more than just the limited selection of creative desktop and mobile apps found in the Cloud e.g. not in the Cloud: Framemaker, Captivate, Photoshop Elements, Premiere Elements, etc.

Adobe has recently clarified that All Apps on the Cloud plans page only refers to

• "The entire collection of 20+ creative desktop and mobile apps including Photoshop CC and Illustrator CC"

The full list of Cloud apps:

Adobe Creative Cloud desktop apps | Adobe Creative Cloud

Adobe mobile, iPhone, iPad, Android apps | Adobe Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John

The word 'elements" suggests they are parts of  full app. Captivate is a full, self contained app. Anyway, the amount of resonses and the strength of feeling in this thread begs the question to Adobe 'why not?'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2015 Dec 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Understood. Although from Adobe's perspective, each separately sold app included in the Cloud is another revenue stream they'd be dropping.

I guess Adobe has thought long and hard about the current mix of apps in the Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 30, 2015 Dec 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Like, we had packages in the past, wasn't the whole idea behind Creative Cloud about having access to all types of creative software, specifically geared towards all types of creative professionals and the ever-changing definition of a creative professional??

Myself, don't shoot me, i'm still on a CS6 workflow. Being full-time employed as a webmaster for a small local company, i got the Design & Web Premium, at home i bought myself the CS6 Master package.

Recently one of the managers at my work asked me to download a small piece of movie relating to our work, that was on a news server, streamed by a flash media server. I couldn't  find a way to save or download the file...

I needed to screencast this in order to get it. Since there's no worthy adobe alternative, i searched for free ones, for example i downloaded camstudio, got some adware, lost some time, didn't get the screencast. (audio failure)

I really felt like a tool when i got back to the manager and told him i didn't manage to get the movie. I told him we tried two free screencasting software tools, experienced some hassle and suggested using adobe captivate to ensure quality and avoid trouble.

When this came up, i was even going to use this to convince my bosses to let me switch to adobe CC! Except, after seeing Captivate is not included in there, i'm! not even convinced anymore...

I get that e-learning may not be considered as "core creative", or that these programs cost a lot of money to develop, they have to bring in money, but if i were subscribed to a 60€+/month 'creative individual plan', i would want to be able to capture a simple screencast when i wanted to, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If memory serves, there WAS a time when there was an eLearning package from Adobe which included Captivate and the now defunct Fireworks. Then Fireworks was discontinued and the package as well. So not sure what all of a sudden made Adobe think that the industry didn't deserve a separate eLearning Suite anymore?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 30, 2015 Dec 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just sent in the feature request, I suggest everyone else do the same so they can see there's some demand there. 

Honestly, I'm pretty thrilled about the value in the full CC suite as is.  I use 7 of the 20 programs available and expect to use even more of them as I climb the learning curve.   Compared to what I paid for Avid Media Composer alone (the same as CC full), I'm getting a heck of a lot for my money.

That said, I would be THRILLED if they added Captivate, so I went ahead and asked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2015 Dec 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do we find the feature request.?? i hardly doubt the Adobe Corporation reads these (but good to have it as a community facet).   ANYONE FROM ADOBE LISTENING?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2015 Dec 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YEAH Count MY VOTE to have Captivate as part of the CC annual payment!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2016 Jan 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! Please add Captivate! It's a necessary tool for creatives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2016 Jan 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Count me in to have Captivate as part of the CC annual payment

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2016 Jan 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, me too - very poor to not have it included in my CC subscription

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2016 Jan 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need Captivate part of the CC!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2016 Feb 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd also love to have Captivate or an app that can record my work in Photoshop included in the CC.

Please, Adobe? Pretty please? ^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2016 Feb 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Throwing my vote in for having Captivate as part of the CC sub. Its incredibly sad to see how long this discussion has been going on with out any response at all from Adobe. Like someone above mentioned, I guess customer service is rather low on their priority list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines