• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Limit Creative Cloud's bandwidth hogging

Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2024 Jan 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bear with me if this is a duplicate, but it's 2024, and we really would like a way to limit CC's hogging of data bandwidth when doing updates from the Creative Cloud app. It's slowing/blocking the ability to complete other tasks elsewhere on the same network until all downloads are done.

I would like the filter to set limits in percentages of network availability that the CC app can utilize. (I've tried a 3rd party app and haven't got it working yet). A 'simple' filter to limit the app's network usage would be golden.

Thanks

Idea No status
TOPICS
App installs and updates , Files and libraries , Others

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
7 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i understand your request, but while awaiting a possible adobe action, there may something that can be done in the interim.

do you have narrow bandwidth?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My bandwidth is fine, I think— Between 60-75 MBits/s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

then the cc app shouldn't be noticeable even when updating apps or itself. in addition, you can control when the cc app updates and when other apps update.

so, the most common issue is a file trying to sync and failing but can also be due to a problem with the cc app itself.  for the later,

reset the cc desktop app by making sure it's in the foreground, then press:

Win: Ctrl + Alt + R
Mac: Cmd + Opt + R

if that fails, repair per https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-install-stuck.html

if that fails and you have windows, open your control panel > add/remove programs > cc desktop app > repair

if that fails, uninstall using the correct uninstaller from https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes... and then reinstall using*

if that fails, do a clean cc install carefully following each applicable step:

uninstall every cc app including preferences per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then uninstall the cc desktop app, again using the correct uninstaller per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes...

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

check for, and if available, update your os

if windows is your os, repair all ms visual c++ versions that can be repaired (use google if you don't know how to do this)

if windows is your os update your ms visual c++, if it can be updated (use google if you don't know how to do this)

restart your computer (don't skip this)

reinstall the cc desktop app using the "alternative download links" at the bottom of the page at https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

NOTE: win 11 users that have trouble with the latest win 10 installer often have success with the older win 10 installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.

TBH I think though there may be a small misunderstanding— CC is definitely hogging my bandwidth. It's not a bug, it's actually a feature. The whole app appears to have been made to optimise download times by maximising bandwidth usage.

Thanks once more for the detailed reply, but I don't think this is a bug. I am hoping for Adobe to change/tweak how CC was intended to work, IMO.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 24, 2024 May 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've the same troubles with Adobe Cloud too, and its ashaming for adobe to not implement such an simple function of limiting download bandwith by absolkute values like in any other crap software available!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2024 Jul 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Updating anything in Creative Cloud Desktop completely kills the bandwidth on my network too.  Online videos stop playing and won't play until the updates are finished.  Even opening a web page of search result becomes very slow if the page will even finish opening.  Everything using data from the Internet crawls to a complete halt or barely functioning while Creative Cloud is downloading updates.  The instant CCD update is finished downloading network behavior returns to normal and good.  What is worse is this robbing of bandwidth doesn't seem to speed up the downloads any, they take much longer than they should too.

I've searched the forum here for possible solutions on several occasionas now and this problem is long standing, it goes back around a decade with numerous people reporting the exact same issue.  Unfortunately during this decade there seems to be large doses or denial, copium and victim blaming over this; I can't count how many posts I've read about this and it always seems that community experts and other Adobe help personnel keep blaming the user and or the system.  "Is your bandwidth narrow?"  "Maybe you have a virus, or something else running in the background?"  "Maybe there is a bug on YOUR computer?"  "Works for me, are you stoooooopid?"

I recently upgraded to a newer PC with a fresh instal of Windows 10.  This problem also occured consistently on my previous system.  Everything else on this system, and my previous PC, funcions very well, all other downloads and updates in ALL other programs work as expected, are quick, and do not interfere with the function of other tasks. 

Look, pay attention, this has gone on for way, WAY, too long.  At this point, this is obviously and undeniably a problem on Adobe's end, and all it would take for objective proof is some basic searching around on this forum.

I repeat, THIS IS A PROBLEM ON ADOBE's end.

Adobe needs to hire a net code expert to figure this out and fix it, if they had the person on staff who could do it now, then it would have been fixed sometime over the last decade or so.  The first step to solving a problem is admitting that there is a problem and apparently this has been the biggest problem on this issue for a long time; Adobe needs to admit this is a problem and that it is on their end, then fix it, finally.

Votes

Translate

Translate