• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Customizable Highlight/Shadow Clipping Colors

Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I have a lot of white background pictures to retouch, an really, my eyes hurt for this angry Highlight Clipping red colour. In "Masks" there is few colours to choose, here is not. I'll be glad to see that in future releases, maybe in general settings few default or my own in HEX. I was searching this in google, yt, and there is no way to do that right now. Thank you for reading it! This option will help a lot of packshots photographers to not loose their eyeballs 😉

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
7 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2024 Feb 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The blue triangle of the clipping indicator is hard to see. Is there a chance to change this to a more usable color?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, there is not. What I prefer to use is this: hold down the alt/option key and drag the Blacks slider. Your image will become completely white, except where black pixels are clipping.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. But I like this triangle. And it would be more usable if it has a color with enough contrast.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The blue triangle of the clipping indicator is hard to see due to low contrast. I would be delighted if it had a more visible colour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can post a feature request in 'Ideas'.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Johan, just did it. Let's hope for the best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2024 Feb 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The colors of the clipping indicators in the histogram will vary, depending on what color(s) is clipped.

If the triangle is blue, it means that only the blue channel is clipped. If it's cyan, it means that the green and blue channels are clipped. If it's gray, it means that all three channels are clipped.

The problem, as I see it, is not the blue color in the histogram triangle, but the blue overlay used in the image to indicate shadow clipping when pressing J. The overlay is always the same blue color, and indicates that all three channels are clipped.

It can be hard to see in dark areas (which is where it will always appear), particularly in Fit view.

I suggest changing it to a bright cyan.

LR-shadow-clipping-color.png

Votes

Translate

Translate