• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Add Snapshot creation to History Pane

Participant ,
May 22, 2024 May 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have often found that it would be helpful to know which edits happened between different snapshots. For example: I make 10 changes to the original photo and create a timestamped Snapshot A. Then, I make 5 additional changes to various settings, and create timestamped snapshot B.

Currently, no "Snapshot [A/B] was created here" step shows up History pane. This means that I have no idea what changes I'm actually reversing if I go back to snapshot A from snapshot B at some point. I don't know what stage in the History I'm going back to.

It'd be helpful for snapshot creation to just show up automatically as a step in History—as it does already with an "Export" action.

A workaround (below, h/t @prbimages) basically involves creating a snapshot and then applying it immediately afterwards. Applying a snapshot does show up as a step in the History pane, which is why this works—but it'd be nice for snapshot creation to automatically show up!

• Create a snapshot.
  • Make some editing change - any change at all will do.
  • Click on the History step just before the change you just made.
  • Right-click on that same history step, and choose "Clear History Above This Step".
  • Click on the snapshot in the Snapshots panel.

-

LrC v13.3 on M1 MBP 2020, Sonoma 14.5

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?