• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Add support local file browsing on iPad/tablet just like on desktop

Explorer ,
Jan 01, 2024 Jan 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to request that local file browsing, similar to what was added to Lr Desktop recently, be added to the iPad app (and other tablet systems).

When traveling without a laptop, or using just an iPad, my desired workflow would be

1. load images from SD card onto external SSD (I'm already doing this for backup purposes anyways)
  2. cull, rate, and keyword images on my external SSD
  3. load just those images I want to edit into the cloud

This is how I've started doing it on my desktop Mac, and would like the same functionality on iPad.

This would vastly improve the experience for other users desiring similar workflow as it would save so much time to not have to constantly be importing and deleting images from the cloud.  This is especially useful if you are somewhere where there isn't great wifi.

Idea No status
TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
4 Comments
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2024 Mar 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Supports external hard drive to access and edit photos, iPad's hard drive capacity is limited

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 23, 2024 May 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to be able to access my external hard drive as "local" on my Lightroom app on my iPhone and iPad so that I can work on them while on vacation. I would like the same availability to my external hard drive as I have on Lightroom desktop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 27, 2024 May 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely agree! That's my beef too… I have the newest iPad, which is technically faster than my M3 MacBook Pro, and yet I can't see my files on Dropbox or an external SSD directly with Lightroom without importing them first. Just give us the full desktop experience, please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2024 Jun 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It would be awesome if I could edit images directly of my portable SSD on my iPad.

Especially when travelling, I usually don't have the internet connection to upload hundreds of GB to the cloud, just so I can pick up on my iPad where I left of on my Mac.

It would be so great if I could just plug in my external SSD and keep on editing - wherever, whenever.

(I was super happy about editing from local storage being added to the desktop version! Now I am hoping it will soon come to iPad aswell. For all of us who like to travel light)

Votes

Translate

Translate