• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Duplicate photo option in Lightroom mobile

Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we please have a duplicate file/photo option in Lightroom mobile? 

Idea No status
TOPICS
Android , iOS: iPhone , iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
18 Comments
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The philosophy in all Lightroom products is that you do not duplicate photos, but use virtual solutions. Lightroom Classic has virtual copies for this purpose, Lightroom mobile has Versions. Check that out to see if this is a solution for what you want to achieve.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC literally has a 'duplicate' option on desktop - and it's missing from mobile. We just want feature parity. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2023 Jun 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd love the ability to duplicate a photo from Organize > Dupliate Photo on the Lightroom Mobile app. Currently I can't find a workaround for this, so have to wait until I'm at my laptop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This feature is urgently needed. Currently we can't create variants of a photo with different edits on mobile, but can on the desktop version. It's not even possible to work around this with shortcuts by exporting and importing a photo again because Lightroom correctly detects it as duplicate and refuses to import it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is is not possible to duplicate a photo? This should be an option, now I have to switch to the desktop version just to make an extra version of an edit... Very annoying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is possible to create Versions on Mobile under the Clock symbol top middle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you need hard copies when they are created from Versions on demand.. simpler IMHO

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, if you want to show a client black/white versions or alternative grades for instance. It's helpful to be able to see different edits of the same photos side by side, since I often send clients a link to a Lightroom album in the editing stage before delivery

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Versions aren't a replacement for variants/duplicates. They are great, but I want multiple different *variants* of the same photo in my library, so that I can export different takes and edits at the same time. I don't want to go into each photo and tap around on the versions picker just to review different styles of the same, I want to see them all at once as I can already do on the desktop version. 

Currently to create a duplicate on mobile what I have to do is: 

- Export the original 

- Open it in some EXIF editor

- Change exif tags and modify the original (so that lightroom doesn't detect it as already imported)

- Re-import it into lightroom 

- Add it to the same albums as the old one

Some of this is automatable through shortcuts but requires doing some trickery with manipulating the exif/bytes of the image directly which can cause other weirdness. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2023 Nov 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work a lot with duplicating images and it is really annoying that this feature is still missing from the mobile version of the application. I would really appreciate if it would be added!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2023 Nov 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version are NOT a solution to this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2023 Dec 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

short version: create duplicate photos in Lightroom mobile to export with different edits 

If I'm editing on my phone, say 300 or 400 pictures and I want to make a version that is cropped, a version that is black and white, a version that is colour maybe any other choices of the same photograph- the only way I seem to be able to do, it is to create a duplicate in my actual photos and then import that into Lightroom. The problem with that is that I organise all my photographs by date and hour and minute, so when I make a duplicate from my phone it doesn't go in the camera roll in the same place next to the old version, which means I have to try and remember when I send it to a client  not just to send the first edit as it appears with all the others,  but to send in the other edits. To get to those I have to go and try and track them in my phone. The whole process is really time-consuming especially if I'm working with say 400 pictures and of those I might create another hundred variations, we're talking a lot of time. You might wonder why I'm doing so many edits on my phone it's because I have a small baby and I can't get to my laptop in the middle of the night, and that's the only peaceful time I can use to do my work. (When I take the photos I have childcare or my baby is there with me while I take photos as I do baby Photogrpahy). So I'm doing it on my phone. It's a pain but it could be a lot less painful with some kind of duplicate option  and for that edited duplicate to appear next to the original in the flow. I don't care in fact, I want it to be a whole new image, not just an image with a different saved preset attached to it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2023 Dec 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Versions is not a solution. We cannot export from versions, and it requires navigating submenus every time. Just give feature parity. What's the point of Lightroom Mobile if it's an entirely different app with entirely different functionality?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2024 Feb 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's still not implemented on mobile.

Ridiculous!

Adobe, start listening to customers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Versions are the equivalent of snapshots, but definitely not virtual copies.

The point of virtual copies is to have both versions at the same time in your grid, and with the ability to export all copies easily.

One thing a lot of people are asking "can you deliver the pictures in color and black&white".

And this is close to not possible in Lightroom, you have to go to Classic for that.

These litttle features, missing for years are baffling.

MacBook Pro 16’’ M1 Pro 16GB on OSX Ventura 13.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 05, 2024 May 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please give us the duplicate photo option in the mobile app. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 26, 2024 May 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear adobe

Lightroom really needs work.

Duplicates are a basic part of anyone's workflow.  iPads and other tablets are more than powerful enough to have all of the same functionality as the desktop version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 26, 2024 May 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This functionality might take around 4 minutes to implement, so it might take a few years... /s

Votes

Translate

Translate