• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dock Contextual Task Bar

Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2024 Jun 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe many others have a distaste for the inability to dock the contextual task bar. It becomes a tedious thing to continually have to move while working in Photoshop. It's always in the way, and pinning doesn't really work well.

I suggest making it able to be docked like any other panel, integrating into the control (options) bar like every other contextual task before this, or adding to the properties panel.

I'm not a beginner, so why am I forced to have a beginner-like user experience? The beauty of Photoshop and other Adobe software is to be able to customize your tools for your workflow and how you like them. This takes away from that, and other Adobe software such as Illustrator is starting to copy what Photoshop did.

I love gen fill, however, so it presents a conundrum. Do I only turn it on when I'm using gen fill or always leave it on? To the best of my knowledge, gen fill is the only thing that the bar has that there's no other way to do other than to go to Edit > Gen Fill or use a shortcut...

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
5 Comments
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2024 Jun 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contextual Task Bar DOES NOT DOCK in Photoshop.  It says you can pin it but it does not stay pinned.  What it does is show up in the middle of the area I'm editing and then I have to move it.  I have to do this every time I use photoshop.  It says I can 'pin' it but it does not stay pinned.  This makes no sense at all to me. Who would want it to block your work when you switch tools?  It would be very useful if you could pin in to the menu bar.

Please please please fix this.

Thank you.

deaded

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just keep it hidden but I'm curious why pinning doesn't work? Functionally this isn't much different than docking it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may have been right after gen fill was out of beta, but I had issues keeping it in one place. It's possible there was user error, but it's obtrusive to my workflow and workspace customizations. I like my panels open and use an ultra wide monitor.

There's nowhere to really pin without it being in the way or off in the corner. Regardless, I think Adobe can do better and provide a better user experience. I've never been a flyout panel designer and prefer everything docked in the same location with multiple workspaces depending on monitor size and workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also curious when the Context Bar does not pin and specific scenarios when it get's in your way...

Also FYI, you can get to the Generate functionality (GenFill) when you have a selection > Edit > Generative Fill, so you don't need the Contextual Task Bar open to get to that feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2024 Jul 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey, deaded. Sorry for the trouble. I'll need more details to help you figure this out. 

What version of Photoshop are you using? 

You can get to the Generate functionality (GenFill) when you have a selection > Edit > Generative Fill, so you don't need the Contextual Task Bar open to get to that feature.

Also, you can check this link which helps you to dock Contextual Task Bar in Photoshop: https://adobe.ly/3Y4zgmM

Let us know if this helps.

Thanks,

Shivani 

Votes

Translate

Translate