• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A new window to easily twick any material in substance 3D painter.

Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2024 May 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Substance Fam!

I was wondering that we can have a separate new window like properties panel, you people decide the name. I just wanted to convey the main idea. 

So, nowadays so many people even I create large materials system where we use so many fill layers and effects, I just want a tool (like mask tool) beside the layer by which we can transfer the particular fill layer or the pain layer or any effect into that new window.

In that window we can have some options to edit the sequence of fill layers and effects so that if we share our material file in office or to any other user, then he can directly look into that window and edit the properties rather going into the full material folder. It will be very easy to edit material properties quickly and material folder will also not disturb.

Hope I'll see this feature in future!! 😊

Kartik Bunkar 

Texture & Lookdev Artist 

Idea No status
TOPICS
Bugs & Crashes , Discussion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 Comment
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2024 May 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think I understand what your saying. You want to author a complex substance stack but only want to expose a specific set of attributes to manipulate it?

I might approach this as a "packed" substance. Like bringing it from the material browser it would always be "packed" and only shows the desired list of attributes. Then you could right lick and "unpack" the substance stack and you would get everything as we have it now. This way things stayt small and expose more on demand. Keeping it simple upfront.

I like this idea. It's a useful way to deploy complex substances to a large teams.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Resources