• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

27.1.1 Illustrator crashing

Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When we try to place an image. It just shuts down, poof!

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Hi @ronaldp88287419,

We are sorry to hear about the crash! Would you mind trying the steps suggested in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/fix-crash-on-launch-issues.html)?

If it doesn't help, would you mind sharing a few details like:

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does it do the same thing with other links?

with other linked file types?

where is the placed image located?

do links place corectly from your local drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does it do the same thing with other links? I'm not linking, I'm imbedding (as I always do and have done - even in 27.0.1)

with other linked file types? Any file type I've tried. (starting with jgs's).

where is the placed image located? Local drive (as per always).
do links place corectly from your local drive? n/a

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're not linking, We're embedding (as always done - even with 27.0.1 - which works FINE).

Any file type we've tried (jpg, pdf, tiff) - seems to crash before even trying to place.

Images are on local drive. 

BTW, this is happening on all 3 stations at work. We've gone back to 27.0.1 and all is well again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ronaldp88287419,

We are sorry to hear about the crash! Would you mind trying the steps suggested in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/fix-crash-on-launch-issues.html)?

If it doesn't help, would you mind sharing a few details like:

• Is this happening with a specific image or all? Would you mind sharing a couple of sample images with us to check on our end?
    Please submit the crash report by following the steps suggested here (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/crash-next-steps.html).
    While submitting the crash report, please use the same email address with which you are signed in on this community. This will help us find the crash report, and we can assist you accordingly.

Let us know how it goes. I'll be looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With all due respect - this is BEYOND frustrating. My illustrator app keeps crashing and I have had to go back to a previous version to get it to work. Literally selecting something and trying to place it elsewhere results in the app crashing. You guys charge a huge fee for your products and services and the apps can be so hard to work with sometimes. I use the Adobe Suite for my job and it can get extremely challenging when trying to meet deadlines or get things done. I'm facing this issue with update 27.1.1 for your reference. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could contact Customer Care and have them take a look inside your system: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Pdharnidharka,

We are sorry to hear about the crash. Would you mind trying the suggestions shared in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/fix-crash-on-launch-issues.html) and checking if it helps?

Also, kindly share the crash report by following the steps shared in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/crash-next-steps.html). While submitting the report, kindly use the same email account used here in the community so we can locate it quickly.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There IS NO crash report! Illustrator just disappears! Poof! Gone!

As I stated, we've gone BACK to the previous version so we can WORK! I'm not going to reinstall THIS version only to be unable to work. Obviously, others are having the same problem! This is on YOU ADOBE! We're waitning for another update. And we'll try again, then!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally agree with this - I reinstalled a previous version and that works fine. Thanks for offering suggestions but I spoke to customer care and I tried their suggestions and nothing worked. I've gone back to a previous version but I don't think this is really acceptable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ronald,

I am also experiencing Illustrator 27.1.1 crashing. How do you go back to the previos version?

Regards,

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Monika. Going back to the previous version worked out well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

27.1.1 needs to be fixed. It is unstable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, @Sly Session @ronaldp88287419 @davidc85205287 @Pdharnidharka @chrisg11235813

I know crashes are really frustrating! A crash could happen due to many reasons and can vary from machine to machine. Would you mind submitting the crash report by following the steps suggested here (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/crash-next-steps.html)? It would help us investigate the crash, and we can check & suggest resolutions to resolve it.
While submitting the crash report, please use the same email address with which you are signed in on this community. This will help us find the crash report, and we can assist you accordingly.

We have consolidated the most popular solutions that help fix crashes. Please check this HelpX article (adobe.ly/3nHySXU) for more details.

Let us know when you submit the crash report. We will be looking forward to your responses.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No crash reports were generated.the application just closes and that's it.

<>

ANTHONY GAGLIARDI
Founder/Chief Operator
Sly Session Partnership

Write: [REDACTED FOR PRIVACY]

Talk: [REDACTED FOR PRIVACY]
Learn: <> www.slysession.com

Confidentiality Warning: This message and any attachments are intended only
for the use of the intended recipient(s), are confidential and may be
privileged. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified
that any review, retransmission, conversion to hard copy, copying,
circulation or other use of this message and any attachments is strictly
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient please notify the sender
immediately by return e-mail and delete this message and any attachments
from your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Has 27.2 solved the crashing issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @davidc85205287,

Illustrator v27.2 hasn't been rolled out globally. It is available only in a few countries. This build contains only bug fixes & performance stability, unlike v27.1, which includes both feature enhancements & bug fixes.

You may update and check if it helps or not.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anshul,

So, you are telling me to download and hope that it works out for me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @davidc85205287 @ronaldp88287419 @Sly Session @Pdharnidharka,

I just wanted to check if anyone has updated Illustrator to v27.2. If you are still facing crashing on the new Ai v27.2 as well, would you mind confirming if you are using Wacom tablets? Also, do you see the Illustrator crash report or OS/ system crash reporter? Would it be possible for you to share the crash report with us? We will forward it to the product team for further investigation.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Sly Session,

Thanks for getting back to me. If you are not seeing Illustrator crash reporter, then you must be getting OS crash reporter. If yes, please follow these steps to set the preference to "Always Show This Dialog" to get Illustrator crash reporter:

macOS:

1. Cmd+click or right-click the Illustrator app icon and choose Show Package Contents.
  2. Select Contents > Frameworks > AdobeCrashReporter.framework.
  3. Cmd+click or right-click the alias named AdobeCrashReporter and select Show Original.
  4. Double-click Adobe Crash Reporter (Red A app icon, not the black AdobeCrashReporter UNIX executable file).
  5. Choose Always Show This Dialog and click Done.

Windows:

1. Open Start
  2. Search for "Command Prompt" and launch it
  3. Enter the following command:
    • REG ADD HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\CommonFiles\CRLog /v "Never Ask" /t REG_SZ /d 0
  4. Press the Enter key
  5. If asked “Value Never Ask exists, overwrite(Yes/No)?" choose Yes

If you are still not getting crash reporter for both OS & app, then I would suggest creating a new admin user account (Mac / Windows)  or clean installing the app using the steps here (https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html).

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines