• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding newer Illustrator versions to Automation in Mac Security

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having an issue where Illustrator won't allow me to use pen pressure from my Wacom tablet, even though the computer itself (MacBook Pro) is reading the pressure signal. In all that I've read online, it says to enable Automation for Illustrator in Privacy and Security. See here: https://help.astropad.com/article/168-illustrator-mojave

The problem was that Illustrator wasn't showing up as an application to enable under Automation. Someone on Reddit managed to get this option to pop back up by installing the 2020 version of Illustrator: https://www.reddit.com/r/MacOS/comments/obmu9g/adding_adobe_illustrator_to_the_security_privacy/

My problem is that I've never had that version installed on any of my machines from Creative Cloud, as I've only just started using Illustrator recently. Is this a patch that Adobe will need to release? Or is there a way to access an older version of Illustrator if I've never had it installed on my computer? Any help would be appreciated. 

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Third party plugins , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Hi All,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused by this issue. We understand this is a long-standing issue, but I am glad to inform you that this is resolved with update v26.2.1. Please update the app. This update fixes the issue of Wacom tablets not having pen pressure on macOS.

However, if you are not using a Wacom tablet, then I would suggest you install both the Wacom driver & your tablet driver, which will help you get the pen pressure. This is a tested resolution/ workaround for Non-

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the trouble. You may try the steps shared by Jaime (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/wacom-intuos-4-not-working-with-illustrator-c...) and let us know if it helps with pen pressure not working in Illustrator.

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The main issue with the approach that you suggested is that I can't download and install Illustrator 2020. In Creative Cloud, only 2021 shows up as an older version. This is because I only recently started using Illustrator, so I never installed the 2020 version. Is there a way to get access to Illustrator 2020 in my case?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for checking out the post. I understand you can't download the 2020 version directly from the Creative Cloud. But you may try uninstalling the latest Wacom driver and Installing older Wacom driver 6.3.39-1 as it has worked for other users. Also, try the steps suggested in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/illustrator-cc-crash-wacom-drivers.html). I hope it helps!

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. The problem is that Illustrator is not present in Automation panel. Wacom tablet is doing its job properly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @shimonm26503010,

Sorry about the trouble. I would like to know if you have tried the steps suggested above by me. If not, please try them and kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anshul,

I suffer from this exact problem as well.  Pressure sensitivity options are not available in Illustrator brush settings.  Severity level = total blocker for my work.

Setup:

• MacOS 12.0.1 on Apple silicon
  • Wacom Driver 6.3.44-2 / Model Intuos Pro (medium)
  • Creative Cloud / Illustrator 2022

Symptoms: 

Wacom driver installs correctly.  Pressure sensitive capability confirmed working within the Wacom System Preferences panel itself.  However I do not see any entry for Adobe Illustrator -> tablet driver within SystemPreferences -> Security & Privacy -> Automation.

Troubleshooting steps tried:

• Uninstalling & re-installing both Illustrator and the Wacom tablet driver (newest versions of both)
  • Uninstalling both, and reinstalling using the Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
  • Uninstalling both, and reinstalling using Adobe Illustrator 2021 and Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1.
  • Specifically launching the "Intel" emulated version of Adobe Illustrator 2022

Next steps:

Can you provide us with a way to install the 2020 version of Illustrator?  From the other thread, that might be a potential fix.  Creative Cloud app does not offer Illustrator version 24.x as an older version for install.

Sincerely appreciate your help on this blocking problem,

ehzorg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even Wacom themselves suggest as a fix installing Adobe Illustrator version 2020:

https://support.wacom.com/hc/en-us/articles/4412354516247-Why-is-pressure-not-working-in-Adobe-Illus...

This feels like an Adobe bug - Illustrator should be requesting the automation privileges from the system, but it doesn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ehzorg,

Sorry about the trouble. I would request you to please try the steps suggested in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/illustrator-cc-crash-wacom-drivers.html#:~:text=Pressure%20op...). Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anshul - that has already been tried.  I will open a support case and relay any progress to the poor customers in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

Solution verified.  Adobe support tech downloaded Illustrator 2020 (v24.x) onto my system via remote screen-share, and installed it.  Immediately after launching it, Illustrator requests system permission to control other apps.  After granting that permission, we see it appear in System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> Automation.  Then we quit Illustrator 2020, relaunch v2022, and brush options include the ability to set pressure.  2020 can be uninstalled after that if desired.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ive been trying to fix this for 2 weeks and had no success at all this is my last chance otherwise im going crazy. ahow do you get adobe support tech to screenshare with you.

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i did it. im happy now thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone fix this damn issue? so annoying 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its a bug with newer AI versions apparently. AI does not install correctly on Macs and the Automation entry does not get created. AI 2020 does create the entry however but newer versions don't.

You can't download 2020 anymore without contacting support. Needs fixing really not avoiding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my home computer that has been upgrading versions of illustartor all works as it should. On my work computer which is security managed by IT department I have not been able to solve this issue… but the work around for simple pressure support is to use and/or modify the Wacom 6-D Brushes. (There is a basic Calligraphy brush there) 
Other brushes such as custom scatter brushes I do not have a solution for. The Pen parameters remain greyed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is still not resolved. Can adobe make a patch for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are really sorry to hear about your experiences. The product team is aware of the issue, and they are currently working on a fix. I would request you and others to please be patient and stay tuned for the updates.

In the meantime, I would request you to reach out to me via DM. I will provide you with a direct download link to an Illustrator version 2020. To send me a DM, click on my profile picture and click on the " Send a Message" button.

Note: The download link expires after 24 hours. So, I will be sharing the download link via DM only until this issue gets fixed.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, i'm having the same issue (

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Message the live chat and ask them for the 2020 download version. They will give you 24 hour access. Once you download it, open it and accept all the prompts. Then go to illustrator 22 and see if the tablet works. If it does you can uninstall illustrator 2020 and it will keep working 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you, will try that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, it worked. will keep 2020 version for a little bit, just in case. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am having the same issue where I am able to use the tablet and pen on other Adobe software but Illustrator could not recongnize and enable the pen pressure from my Wacom tablet PTH-651. I am current with Adobe Illustrator 2022. I would also like to have access to an older version of Illustrator. 

Thanks,

Aaron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You will need to message to the live chat and ask them for the 2020 download version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the current version of illustrator 2022 and this issue STILL has not been addressed. ive asked for the link to illustrator 2020 and was redirected to a full mailbox.  it been about 2 weeks from opening my brand new mac/wacom and i can't use it with illustrator. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines