• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Illustrator 26.4.1 does not save document title in file info.

Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Adobe Illustrator to create stock illustration. After auto updated to 26.4.1. I cannot save document title anymore. It keep pick up file name as document title. This is real pain for me cause I save all my title/keywords in the file for submitting to multiple stock agencies. Please help!

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Hi @nuthawuts64479381,

We are sorry for the trouble. We are able to replicate the same at our end and have logged a bug with the product team.

Would you mind posting this on UserVoice (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/) and sharing the link here?

Also, have you tried the workflow suggested by @Ton Frederiks to resolve this?

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Hi @Anshul_Saini this is what I do:

filename-and-title.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try if resetting the preferences helps (this will erase all your settings)

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html

Can you perhaps tell us the steps you do, so other people can test if it needs to be reported as a bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've role back to 26.3.1 and it works. To reproduce error in 26.4.1, you open or create new ai file then click File/File info on top of file info window is Document Title, add new title click ok and save the file. Then close and reopen this file and open file info again. You will see Document title to be same as file name. (not the one we added).

I'm using Mac OS 12.5

Any info needed, please let me know. I need this to be fixed then I can update to new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have version 26.4 - there is no update available for me.

When I save a document and give it a name, then close and re-open the document, the name of the document appears correctly in File info. Before saving, the document had the Name "Print", which was correct as well, because it's the name of the document profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here but with 26.4.1, the filename becomes the Title after saving.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that if you change the Title before the first save, it does not stick. Save the file, change the Title, save and it sticks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Ton Frederiks,

I am unable to resolve the issue on my end. I saved the file, then reopened it, changed the title, saved it again & reopened it again, but the document title still reverts back to the file name. Would you mind sharing a small video of how you did that? Maybe I missed something.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Anshul_Saini this is what I do:

filename-and-title.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the GIF, Ton. Appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My pleasure, Anshul.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @nuthawuts64479381,

We are sorry for the trouble. We are able to replicate the same at our end and have logged a bug with the product team.

Would you mind posting this on UserVoice (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/) and sharing the link here?

Also, have you tried the workflow suggested by @Ton Frederiks to resolve this?

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply, Anshul.

I used the work around just like @Ton Frederiks suggest, save the file to eps format then change the doc title again and save. The title sticked. Hope this issue will be solved for the next release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines