• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Illustrator Corner Widget Glitch

Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2024 May 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I create a shape even just a square, the corner widgets are visible but I cannot Alt click to change them to the streight edge or cut inward option it just glitches and defaults to a round coner.. hope that makes sense, anyone know how to fix this?
(I tried recording my screen to show but it wont let me post it)

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 02, 2024 May 02, 2024

If I create a rectangle and Alt click the corner widget to change te corner type it behaves just like changing the corner type in the Transform panel and the Control panel. It does not change the corner type.

At least that is consistent.

You need to first drag or type the corner amount, then you can change the corner type.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , May 02, 2024 May 02, 2024

Strange, it has always worked if I just alt click but today its not happy. I honestly have never used the transform panel for this only the shortcut.. but it does work if you alt click after you drag it in then you can continue to drag it if you need to adjust it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have posted in Using the community, which is for questions about the forums.

A moderator will move your post to the Illustrator forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@KCASK 

I've moved your post from Using the Community to the Adobe Illustrator forum for you. 

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you are first dragging the corner and then you Alt-click?

Did you already reboot the system?

Reset the preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alt click first. It was worjing perfectly yesterday then today I opend the file and it wasnt happy.
I did try rebooting and reset pref, it would work for one shape then if I undo then it goes back to glitching...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I create a rectangle and Alt click the corner widget to change te corner type it behaves just like changing the corner type in the Transform panel and the Control panel. It does not change the corner type.

At least that is consistent.

You need to first drag or type the corner amount, then you can change the corner type.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Strange, it has always worked if I just alt click but today its not happy. I honestly have never used the transform panel for this only the shortcut.. but it does work if you alt click after you drag it in then you can continue to drag it if you need to adjust it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @KCASK,

Thank you for reaching out. I agree with the suggestions shared by @Monika Gause and @Ton Frederiks. Initially, you must drag or type the corner amount, and only then can you change the corner type. If this doesn't resolve the issue, consider resetting Illustrator Preferences. Steps for doing so are shared here.

If the problem persists, please provide more details such as your operating system and Illustrator version, or if the issue is specific to a particular document. We'll do our best to assist you further.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines