• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Illustrator will not open PNG files anymore

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator has stopped letting me open PNG files. I never had an issue before until maybe a few days ago. I've tried every way I can think of to open it; right clicking on the image in the desktop, file open in illustrator, etc. No matter what I do, the file just will not open. Illustrator doesn't even give me an error or anything, the image simply just does not open in Illustrator.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

I actually think I found the issue after reading another post where a user couldn't open any type of files. It stated that Adobe searches for a printer when opening an image (not sure why) but the printer that was set as my Default printer no longer works. Therefore, Adobe couldn't connect to it. I changed my default printer in Windows settings and my PNG files will now open.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2023 Jun 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Anshul_Saini

Can you please provide me with the link as well?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2023 Jul 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @EMU Australia,

Sorry for the delayed response. Please check DM for the link.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2023 Sep 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issues with versions 26 and 27. When I try and open a png file or jpeg it is just blank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2023 Sep 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jason32516591w16c,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with Adobe Illustrator not opening PNG files. To better assist you, could you please share one of the PNG & JPG files that you're having trouble with? This will help in diagnosing the problem and providing you with a more accurate solution.

As a workaround, you can open them in the preview app or photos app and export/ save them again or open them in Photoshop & export them. Also, try changing the extension .png to .jpg or vice-versa.

Once you've shared the PNG & JPG files, we can proceed with troubleshooting and resolving the issue. Thank you for your cooperation, and I'll be here to assist you further.

Best regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2023 Oct 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is just one of the files that won’t open. Right now I’m having to put them in paint then save as a new file. Which is frustrating since a pay a monthly subscription for Adobe.
Jason Sweeney

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having no issues opening that file with Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every png file and jpeg opens blank unless I open it in paint first and save it as a new file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You probably have to find the cause of the issue on your computer.

Dif you already uninstall Illustrator, run the Adobe Cleaner tool and then reinstall?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i started having this problem today. i tried opening a photo with the place feature and it just pops up as a white screen once i open the image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2023 Jan 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im having this same problem ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling and the photo/ file would open up a white blank sheet. ive read some on here that its a bug. idk though, have you had any luck?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines