• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After installing El Capitan, right click does not work in Illustrator.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2015 Oct 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing El Capitan, right click does not work in Illustrator. Works in Photoshop. I've restarted with no luck. Seems minor but turning into a serious productivity issue.

Anyone else having this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 30, 2015 Nov 30, 2015

Hello,

We have fixed this issue in our latest CC 2015.2 update. Please apply the patch using Adobe Creative Cloud application.

If you do not see the patch right away

1. Go to Adobe Creative Cloud application
  2. Click on the Gear icon on the top right
  3. From the menu select “Check for App Updates”

Regards,

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2015 Oct 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue of not being able to right click in Illustrator CC on my external screen after installing El Capitan. Hopefully they fix this issue soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 13, 2015 Oct 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Sh*t here. I'm using an external thunderbolt display. Another issue w/ externals displays. The GPU performance never worked!

This is REALLY ridiculous!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2015 Oct 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Joen, others,

You may try to update the ElCapitan 10.11 build to 15A284 and see wether it solves the issue. First posted by Rama here:

Re: Right Click doesn't work at all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2015 Oct 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem. Deleting preferences and installing worked for a day but now I'm having the same issue. Unplugging my thunderbolt monitor seems to fix the issue as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 18, 2015 Oct 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

immediate solution needed. I can confirm that right click is not working when 2nd screen connected. This is weird as hell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2015 Oct 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found that locking my computer while Premiere is open, unplugging my monitors from my trash can, plugging them back in, and logging back in gives my my right click and tool cursors back on the timeline. I'm not sure if unplugging is necessary, or just locking the computer and turning them off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2015 Oct 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌We are talking about Illustrator problem here, not Premiere. Your comment is irrelevant.

indatext.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2015 Oct 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YEP! Worked for me too!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love how Adobe fail to support probably their biggest client base Macs, instead of Adobe Creative Cloud should have been called Adobe Creative Arrogance as all we are paying for is bug ridden software. I found the solution to the right click issue Uninstall Adobe Creative Cloud cancel account purchase Affinity Designer which works 100 times faster and smoother than Illustrator oh and guess what you don't have to pay monthly for there bugs they issue updates for free.

I dont condone pirated software and for a number of years when we have had freelancers come in with laptops with Cracked CC Suite we sent them away refusing them work and couldn't understand why they would use the cracked version, but I'm getting to understand why they do now , its a real shame paying a premium for a almost open source bug ridden feel software at moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Adobe going to fix this issue? I have tried all the solutions listed above and they only work the first time Illustrator is opened for me. It seems to only have problems when I am using an external display with my Macbook Pro. The problem is that I always use an external display.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2015 Nov 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am wondering the same thing...

Not getting persistent results with any of the above.

This is not a small problem, I would not be surprised if more than half of the ppl subscribing to Adobe CC are professionals using more than one monitor - this is a MAJOR bug! Needs fixing asap!

Come on Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2015 Nov 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is getting ridiculous! I am a professional designer working on multiple monitors and not being able to perform basic functions is a huge issue, not only for myself, but 6 other designers at my firm. What's the deal Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And by the way, I have attempted recommended fixes suggested above, and they are temporary fixes at best. The problem always returns!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fixes are temporary,

Problems Persist,

Adobe you took my money,

Left me shaking my fists!

--------------------------------------

Macbook Pro, Dual monitors.

Illustrator keeps ignoring right click when screen is plugged in.

Only consistent fix I have found is to do everything on one screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 10, 2015 Nov 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@eedlecrieg and others, just curious but did this post below help? Luckily, this bandaid still works for me on several macs with either 2 or 3 monitors attached including restarts.

Re: El Capitan update seems to have broken my right click just in Illustrator.... Any help would be ...

I thought I'd check in to see if there's been any updates from Adobe and was surprised to see people are still having issues with this. Hope the above can help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. The fixe listed is temporary. Problem comes back.   Please fix soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

5 weeks since original post and no response from Adobe

Incredible! I am sure their billing department is way quicker to respond...

If you mainly work on your external monitors, closing the laptop cover gives back right click functionality. (At least for me).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2016 Feb 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having same issue. Some of the menu items don't appear when they are on one monitor and then when I drag them (like transparency menu) the options appear on the other monitor.??!! Not letting me pick font size options either and several other menu items. Frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Whilst generating peak files Right Click may not work - this happened to me and was corroborated by adobe support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. No right click with external monitor. I closed the lid of my macbook and it works but I lose a monitor and the machine gets a few degrees hotter.

It's been weeks since this was reported. Again Adobe ignoring the needs of their customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS and version are you running? If El Capitan, there are reports of an Apple update to 10.11.2 available which has helped some people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on the latest public release which is 10.11.1

10.11.2 is still in beta and only available developers.

Apple Seeds Third OS X 10.11.2 El Capitan Beta to Developers - Mac Rumors

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That wasn't the impression that was given from the user who supplied the information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what user or information you are referring to, but as you can see from the link I posted (which is a few hours old) 10.11.2 is still in beta and hasn't been released yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines