Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After updating too illustrator cc 2019 its very slow

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Recently I bought a new Mac book pro 10.13.6 High Sierra. I have installed Adobe illustrator cc 2018 and recently I updated it to Illustrator CC 2019.

After updating its Opening a file and saving files are extremely very slow. I feel like I'm working in Illustrator 8. Any solution for this?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

I did have the problem once. It seems that "keep the previous preference" (or whatever it actually says) during updating from the older Illustrator version is the main culprit. But now it runs so well and without having any problems. Here's what I did:

1. Uninstall Illustrator v.23.
  2. Install the earlier version.
    I did try reinstalled the v.23 again, and the problem still occurred. So I installed the earlier version instead (I installed the first CC version, v.17). And then...
  3. Reinstall Illustrator v.23

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 140 Replies 140
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EVen if it's just a few steps to go for you (and mankind), for Illustrator a server might be a major issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Monika Gause​

Why?

I do not think so.

I use both versions now. In version 22 this problem does not occur. When I work using 23 lag exists.

And when working on local files a lag still exist too. Server is not problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RafaÅ‚W  schrieb

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Monika+Gause

Why?

I don't know why that happens, I only know that it happens, because so many people on the forums have had these experiences. As soon as their files were all local, everythig was working fine.  And yes, it doesn't matter if it works in previous versions. Believe me or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Monika Gause​

So please inform developers about these problems, maybe they can find a solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RafaÅ‚W  schrieb

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Monika+Gause

So please inform developers about these problems, maybe they can find a solution

At least 95% of people in the forum are not staff. Only people marked "Staff" are staff.

Please post bug reports to http://illustrator.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

incredible

On illustrator uservoice they say me:

"Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here."

Ticket closed.

Do I have a light paranoia?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RafaÅ‚W  schrieb

incredible

"Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here."

Ticket closed.

So have you already tried contacting them via chat?

Because this is the forum, this is not chat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RafaÅ‚W  wrote

incredible

Ticket closed.

Is this what you mean?

Did you contact Adobe support via chat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2019 Feb 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome - so simple and worked like a charm!

Illustrator lag has been driving me crazy for months. Today I went to Illustrator Preferences - Performance and ticked the GPU Performance box. All lag issues resolved instantly.

Hope this helps someone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. No solution so far.

And this is not the only thing that doesn't work in the 2019 version.

This can't be my problem, or the problem of my machine.

It costs me time an money.

Just fix these kind of bugs before you release a new version and suggest to install it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please contact Customer Care. Only they can login to your system to find out

Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i did allready for the photoshop problem, after an hour chat and try things the guy answers me that he will comminicate it to the development guys.

i hust use PS 2019 no more 2018 has no problem at all , thats the solution fo me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LexTD  schrieb

i did allready for the photoshop problem, after an hour chat and try things the guy answers me that he will comminicate it to the development guys.

i hust use PS 2019 no more 2018 has no problem at all , thats the solution fo me

If you want individual support on the forum, please don't post in these kinds of threads where your issue vanishes. Instead create a new thread on the forum. Describe your system and version of Illustrator (is it 23.0.1?) and the exact steps that lead to your issue. Same for Photoshop (in the Photoshop forum).

Then someone might have a brighter idea than the people on Customer support. But maybe not. And please: if you have talked to Customer Care about that same issue already: mention that.

Since you have an issue with networks and Illustrator: does it work when your files are local? Does it work when all linked assets are local? Does it work when you have a PDF printer set up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The PS2019 issue was already known by the developers so i wait till there is an update

And u have right that i can make some talk t other people but i think Adobe have to do there homework

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LexTD  schrieb

i think Adobe have to do there homework

In order to report bugs, your only place is over there: http://illustrator.uservoice.com

The engineers don't read this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its a crap

it only helps if i shut down my internet connection

i have also a problem with "save for web" in photoshop what isn't solved yet.

I don't know what Adobe is doing, but mabey its smart to do more Beta versions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sigh. Thought it was my mouse then restarted my Mac. Typing is painfully slow.

Obviously an Adobe problem - I'd think a 10 core iMac Pro with a Vega 64 and 64GB of Ram should manage a bit of typing ok. Hoping for an update soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Mojave and then installed the Illustrator CC update.  I'm in the same boat as you guys.  Super slow lag.  It takes forever to start up, then saving and other issues arise.

If I copy an image in photoshop and then try to paste it into illustrator (like I've done a million times in the past), illustrator just freezes and I get a spinning orb of chaos until I have to force quit and restart illustrator.

Please fix this.  I work in illustrator all day, daily, I need it running and like normal and fast.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you already try and deactivate Speech dictation in the system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I've turned that off.  Illustrator is still crippled.  I try doing simple things that I've been doing for a decade and it goes into spinning wheel and freezes.  This is a little ridiculous.  My work day has been shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RockyDavies  schrieb

Yes, I've turned that off.  Illustrator is still crippled.  I try doing simple things that I've been doing for a decade and it goes into spinning wheel and freezes.  This is a little ridiculous.  My work day has been shot.

You really should contact Customer Care, it‘s what they‘re there for.

is there any spell check turned on somewhere? Is the navigator or info panel turned on in Illusrator? and if so, can you try and turn it off?

Are you in GPU preview? can you try View > Preview on CPU?

And one more thing: do you have the control panel turned on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm...I'm starting to wonder if it's a Mojave issue. I've done everything suggested (turn off speech dictation, reinstalled CC 2019 and even reverted back to Illustrator 2018) and the PAINFULLY slow type issue still persists even in CC 2018. I have about 200-300 fonts active thru Font Book (not counting the different weights, bold, italic, etc) which makes it even more - and I'm wondering if it's related to that somehow? Tho I only have the issue in Illustrator. All my other programs handle the fonts fine...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dgotschall1  schrieb

Hmm...I'm starting to wonder if it's a Mojave issue. I've done everything suggested (turn off speech dictation, reinstalled CC 2019 and even reverted back to Illustrator 2018) and the PAINFULLY slow type issue still persists even in CC 2018. I have about 200-300 fonts active thru Font Book (not counting the different weights, bold, italic, etc) which makes it even more - and I'm wondering if it's related to that somehow? Tho I only have the issue in Illustrator. All my other programs handle the fonts fine...

Illustrator is very particular about fonts. So if you suspect there might be something, it would be a good idea to check all the fonts for corruption. Also try and deactivate at least some of them. Fontbook might handle that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have not updated to mojave, and the new AI gives me lots of error msgs and freezes, i keep the old adobe apps and the previous version works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some better performance, mabey it has someting to do with creative cloud app?

When i logged out and then in, i had some better performance in illustrator 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines