Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All my colour fills have removed from artwork after update to 26.0

Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 
After updating to version 26.0 of illustrator and all the colour fills in my file are gone and I can only see the outline of all my shapes(stroke). This is not in outline mode but in preview!

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Alexander,

Maybe too silly, but what happens if you (if applicable):

1) Make a new copy of the original and ensure that it works properly, then

2) Copy the additions in the ailing copy (by selecting from the Layers panel) into the new copy from 1)?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Morning here 🙂
I created a new blank document and pasted in my artwork from the original file and saved it in a new folder.
From this I created a duplicate with the artwork and saved it to a separate folder on my desktop.
Closed illustrator and reopened it this morning. And right now both files are displaying the artwork correctly so maybe my first copy was corrupted in some way 😕

Ill keep you posted if I start seeing the same issue
/Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could not edit my post so rewriting it because of some errors with the text....

Hi, 

After updating to version 26.0 of illustrator all the colour fills in my file are gone and I can only see the outline of all my shapes(stroke). This is not in outline mode but in preview!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you check the layers panel and see if some layers are in outline mode?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had a look in the layers panel and its set to show. Nothing odd! Or did you mean something else?
Some more context to the problem. I think it all started after I created a duplicate of the original file and saved it under a different name(saved on desktop). Worked with the copy last night again and it was fine until I reopened it this morning and now all the colours are gone.
I suppose the only positive thing is that the original file is in tact so I can continue working with that but its still very annoying and not very confidence inspiring 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alexander,

Ton means Outline as opposed to Preview, under View.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No its not in outline mode 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and to top it all off now all the content is gone. Theres nothing on my artboard 😞

AlexanderAndr5C82_0-1635689648449.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how the hell do i edit my comments here? I cant even delete stuff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alexander,

Owing to recurring cases of folk posting inadmissible content and then editing them back in when they were moderated out, the ability to edit posts requires a certain level/amount of participation; up to that level, only a moderator can do it for you on request; and only Adobe staff can delete posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I understand. Thanks for the quick reply! 
Anyway...
I have checked all the settings and nothing is set to outline. When I move between the two files in AI 26.0 the original displays all the colours on my art work but when I create a copy all the colours related to the shape is gone. Theres basically no colour opn my shapes anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you save the copy in a special folder that maybe linked to a cloud service?

And the color fills are normal swatches fills?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, its currently just on my desktop and there are no linked files in it. Nor have I created any custom swatches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alexander,

Maybe too silly, but what happens if you (if applicable):

1) Make a new copy of the original and ensure that it works properly, then

2) Copy the additions in the ailing copy (by selecting from the Layers panel) into the new copy from 1)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jacob! Ill give it a go in a bit and let you know how it goes. 
/A

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Morning here 🙂
I created a new blank document and pasted in my artwork from the original file and saved it in a new folder.
From this I created a duplicate with the artwork and saved it to a separate folder on my desktop.
Closed illustrator and reopened it this morning. And right now both files are displaying the artwork correctly so maybe my first copy was corrupted in some way 😕

Ill keep you posted if I start seeing the same issue
/Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing, Alex.

Were you also able to move move the latest artwork over so you have it all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, moved the artwork over to the new files. So far looking good 😉
/Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is great, Alex.

Corruption of a document can happen so it is worth considering that possibility in cases like this.

In worse cases it is impossible to copy artwork over, but it may be possible to Place the PDF part (if any) of the ailing document, with some possible loss of finer details/construction.

And in even worse cases our Adobe friends are ready to try to uncorrupt a document, see this Helx article; a full recovery may be possible so it can be better than the PDF placing.

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/troubleshoot-file-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alex,

Just out of curiosity: can you see the artwork in the ailing document (if you have kept it still) if you switch to Outline view?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure can. Its like its in outline mode even though its in preview 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for confirming, Alex.

Our findings here may very well be the answer to this somewhat similar case,

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/text-not-visible-in-illustrator-2022/td-p/124...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines