• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Angled Linked images pixelated ONLY on export

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2023 Sep 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've been dealing with this for a long time, since export replaced the old "save for web" command.

When I have linked images placed at ANY angle different from 0º the exported artboard results in pixelation.

This doesn't happen if I use the legacy Save For Web command. This is makes the multiple artboard export completelly useless, because if I want to avoid pixelation, I have to export every artboard individually.

This also happens to EMBEDDED images which I don't use since it makes the file size too big and slow.

I'm attaching two images of the same file, one was created with EXPORT command and the other with SAVEFORWEB.

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, weird. So it seems purely random?

I haven't tried it and if it's purely random, then maybe it makes no sense anyway, but the next thing I would try is apply the Rasterize effect to the rotated image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not random for me, it's 100% of the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This will add many steps to my production flow... I need the images to be linked since they often change and I need to be able to auto update them. If I rasterize the rotated images, I'll have to relink every single one, everytime the original file change... not viable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an effect Rasterize can be applied to rotated images.

The trouble is: The effect gets rotated with the image.

You would need to rotate it with the transform effect and then add the rasterize effect.

The good thing is: you could make a graphic style from that and apply it to the images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

applied rasterize to the rotated image... the distortion changed, but it's still present... added save for web version for comparison.

Artboard 1.jpg : linked image, not rotated, export for screens, jpg 100 art optimized

Artboard 2.jpg : same linked image, rotated, export for screens, jpg 100 art optimized

saveforweb.jpg : jpg high quality

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it is not random. Shipping version gives good results, beta version gives type optimized results when art is chosen (for jpeg). Repeatable (even after restarting my machine).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so far we have 1 person getting "good results" and 2 having the issue... I would say it's a pretty short sample to be stating that there's no repeatable issue...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Monika Gause Both beta and prerelease give the wrong results with jpeg art optimized. Current and older versions work fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ton Frederiks  not correct, current and older versions haven't "worked fine" for years... the fact that you're unable to reproduce the problem doesn't mean there isn't a problem.

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs?query=export%20for%20screen...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am just reporting what works on my machine. I am not saying there is no problem, I can repeat the problem with the prerelease and beta versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines