• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any Illustrator v25.0.1 later won't open CAD drawings DWG DXF - Getting error 2067 while opening

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've been used to opening vector drawings from Gerber in ai format in Illustrator but since the new update I'm no longer able to open any of these files. I get a dialogue box with options to chose Text or AutoDesk Real DWG, but none of the options work. Selecting the text option just shows garbled text and the AutoDesk Real DWG option produces an error message: The operation could not be completed because of unknown error 2067. Has anyone else had this experience? Does anyone know how to fix this??? Many thanks for your help!

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Hi All,

I understand that some of you have been experiencing difficulties with opening or importing DXF/DWG files in Illustrator. I want to assure you that the product team has worked diligently to resolve this issue.

After careful investigation, it has been determined that the problem is with the DXF/DWG files themselves. They were not created in accordance with the proper file format specifications, and as a result, they are causing errors when attempting to open or import them in Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly still doesn't work with Illustrator 25.4

I have used https://anyconv.com/dxf-converter/ with surprising joy! It works fast, free and doesn't ruin corners or break all lines

I give it 5 stars

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having the same problem for months. Illustrator used to be able to open .DWG but Illustrator 2021 definitely does not. If I revert to an older version (24) then it works. But that's not really an acceptable solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2021 Sep 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I tried in version 25.4.1 but still no luck... Please fix this .. Its so annoying ... We are all paying for the software here, but we aren't getting a proper response/support from Adobe.

@Srishti Bali please check with the development team andgive us an update. If  the upcoming versions are not gonna support dwg files anymore please mention it in the release notes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 19, 2021 Sep 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same for me! Please HELP Adobe!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2021 Oct 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Srishti, has this been resoved yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To @Srishti Bali and the rest of the team at Adobe.

I am a Technical Designer with my company, and I use several apps within the Creative Cloud for my job; primarily Illustrator.

First, I feel it is necessary to note that it has almost been an entire year since this issue first arose and nine months since it has mistakenly been marked as solved. Although, it is obviously still a problem, and clearly unsolved.

I first came across this issue several months ago, and after completely uninstalling the entire Creative Cloud, and reinstalling it, it somehow fixed itself. Then, yesterday (October 26, 2021), I received the error notification again, and no matter what settings I used, it would not open a DXF file. This morning (October 27, 2021) I received a notification that Adobe Illustrator had an update that needed to be installed. I was excited, as I thought this would allow me to open DXF’s once again. I quickly learned that this was not the case, and I am still unable to open any DXF files even with the most recent Illustrator v. 26.0 update.

Just like the other people on this thread, I am a professional who relies on Illustrator for my job. There are several deadlines that require the software’s that I use to function correctly each time. I may have just recently encountered this issue, but I cannot begin to fathom the frustrations of those who experienced this last year. It has already hindered my workflow, including deadlines, and I have only had this problem for two days.

Like many others who are requesting assistance, rather than a halfhearted suggestion, I would like an actual solution. This may be a bug in the software, or it could be that we’re missing a step on the side of the end-user. Regardless this requires more than the one response from Adobe, coming two months after the initial query, with no response since, nine months after that.

It is frankly unprofessional for Adobe to allow this error to go on for so long and offer minute help to resolve it. They are a supposed leader in the software industry, which should hold them to a higher level of customer service and satisfaction. Two important components of a business, that Adobe has shown little regard for.

It is a small issue, that is having a large impact on the professional lives of many of their clients. One would think that Adobe has enough dedication for their customers and their own reputation to address any reoccurring errors, no matter how small they may be. The longer this issue is unresolved, it is reasonable to assume that Adobe no longer has that dedication.

I hope that this issue will be corrected soon, as I have already begun looking into alternative softwares to solve this problem so that I can continue with my work process. I feel it is a safe assumption to think that others are doing the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been a while since I've needed to use Illustrator in my workflow - today I did.

So, I tried to open a DWG from Autocad 2021 and it locked Illustrator up immediately - "Not responding" for several minutes before I killed the program.  Then I remembered that I've had this problem for years now when I first installl the program going all the way to the CS versions...

The solution I found back then - which I just tested and it worked is - to DISABLE "GPU performance" in the Performance tab of the Prefences dialog box and retart Illustrator.

My DWG files opened in the sanp of a finger.

I hope this helps some of you.

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant Chris

Good thinking - it works

Joy, Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope this anwer makes to some sort official responce from Adobe. 

Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Srishti Bali please see my work around solution to this issue and pass it onto the Adobe Team.

This has been an issue for at least a decade on multiple versions of Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesnt seem to work unfortunately for DXF. files, the newer verion of Illustrator regardless of GPU performnce still says it cannot open the file due to an unknown error. 

Backdating to a previous version may be the work around, hardly very professional, it does seem Adobe are genuinely ignoring this issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Srishti Bali we really need a solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS WORKS! Not sure how to highlight this for others that are having the same issue. @Srishti Bali Can up update to include this soultion so that others can see it. 

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was very hopefull that, with the latest big update from Illustrator 2021 to Illustrator 2022, this issue finally would have been fixed, but NO. I've been using Illustrator 2022 (26.0.1) for a couple of weeks now and the issue of not opening DWG or DXF files still persists, is not solved. I've tried saving in different versions in Autocad as well to see if this might solve the problem but with no succes.

The only version that still works for me right now is Illustrator 2020, version 24.3.1

I'm on a Mac running Big Sur, 11.6.1

We need a solution that works, not "useless" updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all!

Much like many of you I've had this same issue for the last year. Today I figured out what has caused it for a Gerber DXF export which may hopefully help someone else given Adobe seem to be entirely useless at addressing it 🙂

I get DXF files from an external company (they use Gerber) and for us, the error causing AI not to open the file was due to an annotation made within Gerber that seems to be no longer supported within AI (it was a foldline annotation in this case). It's possible that there's been a change in what elements AI can read in recent updates and that's what's causing the issue.

May not be of help but may hopefully solve a problem for others?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Nicole!

This is definitely more helpful than Adobe so far ðŸ™ƒ

Out of curiousity, do you know which specific Gerber program the external company is using?

The majority of my files come from Gerber Cutworks/Designer, although I suspect the program you're speaking of is Gerber Accumark/PDS... 

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep it will be Accumark, sorry, should have mentioned! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All good, thanks for clarifying!

This should be helpful for those using Accumark at least!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to import a piece from Accumark that doesn't have fold lines and it still doesn't import.

And I can't find Illustrator version 25.0.1 for downloading, either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are sorry about the trouble. This issue was fixed in v25.0.1, but it has resurfaced in the later releases. I have forwarded this issue to the product team, and they are currently working on it. I would suggest you all to please be patient and stay tuned for the updates. If you need your DXF or DWG files converted into Illustrator files, please DM your file to me, and I will try my best to deliver it to you.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen this asked 100 different ways in the lasy year.  DOES ILLUSTRATOR OUTPUT TO DXF?  Simple freaking question.  I have updated Illustrator and CANNOT output dxf's.  DOES ILLUSTRATOR OUTPUT TO DXF?

We absolutely need an honest answer to this question, because if it cannot and it seems as if it DOES NOT WORK WITH AUTOCAD files in or out, we will need to find other software that can.  Please provide us with an adequate answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @jmcbride,

I can understand your frustration. Illustrator supports both DXF and DWG files format, and we are aware that some specific DXF/ DWG files are not opening, and some of the users are unable to export to DXF/DWG. If you are unable to export, then I would request you to share a few more details like:

• Please confirm your exact version of OS & Illustrator
  • Are you using an M1 Mac device?
  • What is the size/ resolution of your canvas/ Artboard?
  • Is this happening while exporting a specific file or all?
  • Would it be possible for you to share a sample file with us? You can upload it to the Creative Cloud, Dropbox, Google Drive, or any other similar service and share the download link here or via DM with me. I'll check it at our end.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've was getting frustrated trying to work out why it wasnt working. I'd left an xref in the CAD file which was messing things up. Once that was detached it worked fine. I'm using version 26.1. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll give that a try.  Thanks for the suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having this same issue in June 2022, v26.3.1. Has this not been fixed???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines