• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Artboard Has Same Number As Previous

Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In duplicating artboards  in Illustrator in Windows 10. Select Alt and drag to create a new artboard NO problem. My artboards go from 25, 27, 27, 28. I cannot get a 26. I have created a new artboard at the end and even tried to move it between 25 and 27 to create a 26 and Illustrator will not do it. I still get two 27 artboards. SO the secondary 27 will not export. I have to create one at the end and rename it. I've done this for years, WHAT is going on??? It's a glitch and how do I fix it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

seemed to work ok for me. what version of illustrator?

artboard26.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens for me as well, it will also do the same thing with artboard #57.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show.

Please do also show the artboard panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actual Boards.JPGArtboard Windo.JPG

I tried renaming the second 27 and it would work - the only thing that would was to create one at the end (#44) and save it as number 26. It would NOT automatically change it and/or save it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Are you able to reproduce it from the scratch? If yes, please provide the detailed steps. Also, if it is reproducible in any particular file then please share that file so that we can try to reproduce it at our end as well.

Thanks & Regards

Nitish Agarwal

Illustrator Team 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We do these series of slides every quarter. We open the last years quarter and update them. The artboards are usually in the same position just with that quarters modifications - color change, quarter and year change, graphs change etc. They were fine until the first update of illustrator on 10/31 hence the original post. Yesterday 11/2 an additional update for Illustrator came through. Since then the duplicate numbers have seemed to go away. They seem to be back the way they were before.

Not sure it was a Halloween thing - a "gremlin" - or the first update didn't like the older files - or just what. The numbers were as you see them - the same number 27. So it wasn't anything I typed in myself.

It seems at the moment to have disappeared. Day of the Dead is over as well. So who knows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2018 Aug 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happens to me aswell!

Any solution to this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experienceing this issue as well. For me numbering goes ...14, 16, 16, 17...

Deleting, recreating, and reordering artboard does not solve the issue.

The issue is limited to the user interface (artboards pallet, and upper left coner of artboard selection).

The first 16, which should appear as 15, will be recognised properly as 15 when 15 is specified in the page range when saving a PDF or printing.

duplicate artboard.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: after restarting system the issue does not repeat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My co-worker and I have this issue every few days. We often work on projects with many artboards (i.e. donor walls) for export and it has led to some major issues. Restarting is not a valid solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been having this issue  for years. The screenshot attached are examples all from a single file I am working in right now.  Close and reopen the file and the duplicates stay there, but if my coworker does the same on his computer they don't show. Makes no sense. If I try to export it ignores the second artboard of the same number and that art doesn't get exported. Screen Shot 2021-07-07 at 3.28.43 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Sorry about this experience. We got a few reports for this issue last year, but it was resolved in later updates. Could you please confirm which OS and version of Illustrator is this? 

Does resetting Illustrator Preferences (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html) help to resolve the issue?  

Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article. 

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it just happened to me on Win 10 x64 - AI cc2018 ver22.0.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still happening, i'm up to date on everything

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2023 Apr 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SAME - very frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SAME. Illustrator is up to date.
Tried the reset. It did not solve.
It's 2023, come on!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can relate. It occurs less than before but still occurs from time to time. Very frustrating and has cause many issues in my print shop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2023 Dec 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi!

I'm still also having this issue with the latest update of illustrator šŸ™‚

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to an ongoing problem even for newer versions I am having this issue Win 10 Pro - AI cc2018 ver25.4.1

MeHawk_0-1630520077789.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Win 10 Pro - AI cc2021 ver25.4.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing. I am unable to replicate this issue at my end in Illustrator v25.4.1 on Windows 10.

anshulsaini_0-1630597769692.png

I would like to know if you have tried resetting the Illustrator preferences as mentioned above?

I will be looking forward to your response.

Thanks and Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe it's only happening when you create a copy (alt + drag) of an artboard. And even then, it only happens sometimes. I am having this issue as well and can't figure out how to fix it. 

I have the latest version on Windows 10 installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, just happened for me when creating a brand new doc with 20 artboards - 7 & 10 were duplicate numbers (4 and 9 missing)

Same happens after prefs rebuild and computer restart.

25.4.1 on Win 10 build 19042

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @kgroves1993 & @Met1,

Sorry about the trouble. I would be happy to look into this issue. For that, I would need you to share the Artboard numbering issue Ai file and a couple of folders zipped from the following location:

• Please share your preferences folder from this location (C:\Users\<your_username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 25 Settings\) and upload it to the Creative Cloud (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html) and share the download link.
  • Please share the System information file. Search system information in search bar > Open the app > Click on File menu > Export. Then, upload it to the Creative Cloud and share the download link.

This will help us investigate the issue and assist you accordingly.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines