• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blank home screen on Illustrator 2020 on Windows 10

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have an issue with Adobe Illustrator 2020. 
I just purchased and downloaded it but it for the first time. 
I open illustrator and it brings me to the attached screen the initial start up screen (attachment: "Illustrator") giving me options to start a new file fast, several quick template options i can open but none of them open anything. 
I try to create a new document by clicking File/New but it only opens up a screen that only opens up a new window that is blank with no options or anything to click on. (attachment: "Illustrator 2").
I've tried reinstalling it but it made no difference. 
Please refer to images... And please help!

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Hi Ruan,

Sorry about the delay. I am hopeful that the issue was fixed. If not, let us help you fix this. Please try following the steps shared in this discussion (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/blank-screen-on-illustrator-on-mac-os/td-p/11161722) and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ruan,

Sorry about the delay. I am hopeful that the issue was fixed. If not, let us help you fix this. Please try following the steps shared in this discussion (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/blank-screen-on-illustrator-on-mac-os/td-p/11161722) and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shristi,

No unfortunately that didn't help, the folders pathway to the folders or files I need to change is different to Mac OS which is what the other thread was about, maybe you have a solution for PC? Also I have tried reinstalling several times with not much help. Unfortunately haven't been able to get illustrator to run since I purchased it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry for the delayed response. Location for Windows is:

• CEP folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\CEP
  • Extensions folder: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\UXP

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it was the same issue with me. go to edit>preferences>generel>turn of show home tab+ check on show legacy "file new" interface

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have exactly the same problem, my start up window isnt loading, its just blank. Im not tech savvy at all, Ive tried to find an easy solution but cant find one.  Seems a common problem tho.  Seen as we pay so much for this program, you would think they would fix the issue so others arent like me and have absolutely no idea I am meant to do.

Anyone know how to fix this?  Any help would be greatly appreciated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines